Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had this happen? - My second highway trip in my "4 day old Insight" and after a good bump in the road the skirts pop open on both sides of the car at 65mph from the top. Made the car about a foot wider in an instant! Believe it or not - no damage. I was able to figure out the proper way to pop them back in place and it has not happened again.

BTW - there are pair of Silver Skirts on Ebay for a low $ (came up for bid yesterday) if anyone needs 'em.
It looks like someone is parting out two Insights from what the auction said.

One question - the only issue I have is that I can't seem to get the mph/kph button to do anything - any ideas?

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Hi waynetc: I think you just need to hold the button in for several seconds. If that doesn't work, something must be amiss!

Wheel skirt horror stories, oh my! I always tell people to practice several times installing them yourself, get good at it. Then, never trust a tire store or even the Honda dealer, they often get it wrong.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks - I found a "RH" wheel skirt (called also WheelHouse? )
on eBay - -
wrong color but . . . local voTech school has auto-body shop that likes simple tasks.
and - thanks for mention of nylon ties - I'll be using those !

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Nylon ties can allow the skirts to slip down, so watch out.

If fitted correctly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Honda original parts.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
I know I've seen a thread or two on innovative ways of holding the skirts in place, something akin to drilling the pins and slipping a keeper of sorts through their backside. Can anyone point me to that(those) threads? I occasionally drive a couple of roads that I'm sure are going to drum them loose(although I found an alternative route this last trip for one). They also do a number on me with 60# in the tires!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts