Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!! I bought my Insight a couple of weeks ago and just love it!

Reading these great boards I've inflated my tires correctly, removed almost a pint of excess oil (from a Honda dealer service) and have learned to try to get the best mileage from my great car (going from 48.9 to 67.7mpg!).

My problem which I've searched for and look in the manual with no luck is the green key on the bottom left of the instrument panel blinks for a few seconds after the engine is turned off and the key is removed. I can't find any information on what this indicates or if it's just normal behaviour. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Thats normal. It is just the encoded key indicator light. Those few moments of flashing are just indicating it's working. The only time when you need to be concerned with it is if it comes on wihle your driving. This would indicate the car has lost the transponder key codes and basically you only get to start it once without having the car reprogrammed. This luckily is a very very rare scenario.

BTW, welcome to Insight Central.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply! This is good to know, I guess I just didn't notice it before now and it seems like it blinks for a long time. I'm glad to hear it's normal though.

Looking forward to reading more great info from this great site!

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts