Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2005 Insight. I ordered floor mats and was told that the only mats available are Gray. My carpet is tan. They do not match. Anyone know where I can find mats to match the carpet? Help! I do not want to ruin my carpet. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Let me get this straight. Honda doesn't even make mats that match the new carpet color? You could do what I did though and buy rubber aftermarket mats in black.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Honda hasn't always provided a color matching floor mat for all models. I too consider the tan to gray contrast a poor choice on their part.

As resist replied there are _many_ choices in floor mats. The aftermarket will have better contrasting choices in both rubber and carpet.

HTH! :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Resist said:
Let me get this straight. Honda doesn't even make mats that match the new carpet color?
The alignment machine at our dealer can't handle the Insight due to it's difference front to rear with track width. Honda makes the car, but the Honda dealer told me I would have to go elsewhere to have it aligned. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Ok I could have swore Honda made a tan floor mat, but never the rear cargo mat in tan. Now I'm not seeing it. But yeah I would think grey on tan wouldn't look so good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I JUST PURCHASED A 2005 AND MY FLOOR MATS FROM HONDA ARE TAN. THE FLOOR MAT FOR THE STORAGE AREA HOWEVER IS GRAY. IT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN TAN.

G

·
0 Posts
BTOURES said:
I JUST PURCHASED A 2005 AND MY FLOOR MATS FROM HONDA ARE TAN. THE FLOOR MAT FOR THE STORAGE AREA HOWEVER IS GRAY. IT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN TAN.
Good to hear the tan front mats are now available. I'll get those now and wait for the cargo mat to come on line.

I have a late production 2004 and it has the new tanish-greyish interior that was the interior change predecessor of the 2005. I had ordered the mats after getting the vehicle and they were gray! I returned them to the dealer.

Phunny thing was, the dealer showed the different 'tan' mats for the 2004 in the data base, but after ordering them, only the grey one's were available using that same part number???

Perhaps some individuals are less color sensitive (a very slight color blindness?) and do not see a substantial difference, but I certainly do and the contrast is horrid! Solid black would be more aesthetic!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts