Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys this is my insight and parts i have collected, EVERYTHING is being sold together, feel free to ask me any questions, definetly need TLC

GC coilovers, hybrid auto charger/light bulb discharger, gasket set (minus egr valve gasket), service manuals, NEW wheels and tires 07/2017, parts were pulled from a wrecked insight with 9x,xxx miles

https://spacecoast.craigslist.org/cto/d/honda-insight-1100-price-drop/6462957086.html

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lolol u want the garden hose?
but no attempt at the (not included) optima battery or 2012 fit in the background?

but if you wanna pick it up before i have to reregister it and i might be able to throw the hose in too lol

·
Registered
261 Posts
I will say this - I wouldnt be worried about that registration date.
Nothing will change... Just remove it from your Insurance because the county is going to send them a notice anyway.

Just my .02, but I wouldnt use that as a drop dead date to get rid of it.

Also, to anyone not paying attention - the Hybrid Auto Charger in the pick is $300 by itself :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YES the lightbulb discharger is included as well, this is priced to move

i would just let it be unregistered but i live with my parents and they arent too fond of having an unregistered car out front of the house.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Parents can be so unreasonable! Heck, the neighbors have a porta-potty in front of their house!:razz:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Parents can be so unreasonable! Heck, the neighbors have a porta-potty in front of their house!:razz:
Exactly. An Insight in front of the house, registered or not, can only improve the neighborhood. Long as it ain't on cinder blocks in the yard. And you could always put a cover on it.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I have to admit that after looking at the ad, I checked the mileage to drive it home to Colorado! Then spent a little time wondering if I could take passenger seat out, put it on it's side in back, load the spare engine and trans in passenger side and generally pack everything inside! I think I may be starting to become infected with Insight fever!:Laughing:

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Then spent a little time wondering if I could take passenger seat out, put it on it's side in back, load the spare engine and trans in passenger side and generally pack everything inside!
It’s an addiction alright! I was looking at one-way flight prices (they are reasonable-ish 2 weeks out). Also looked up the general weight of everything, and thinking about how it’d all fit. I THINK it might mostly fit, or at the very least, I’d be able to get the engine and trans wedged in the passenger area (as long as they are dry, set them in on end?), and fill in all the cracks with small parts here and there. Ship the little that wouldn’t fit, which should be reasonable.

Problem is getting a legal temporary plate to get it home, I think. The Florida DMV is only open 8-5 weekdays, so that kills the idea of a weekend trip. I’d want to have the whole day Friday to deal with DMV paperwork, shipping extra parts, and whatnot. Taking two days out of my week would be kinda difficult for the next month or so, based on my current work schedule.

This is a pretty good deal though. If I can carve out a 4-day weekend and it’s still available, I still might jump for it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to admit that after looking at the ad, I checked the mileage to drive it home to Colorado! Then spent a little time wondering if I could take passenger seat out, put it on it's side in back, load the spare engine and trans in passenger side and generally pack everything inside! I think I may be starting to become infected with Insight fever!:Laughing:
i have driven to colorado its pretty far, that being said i have managed to fit everything besides the engine(since it has oil) inside the car at the moment, its not a great fit but it "works".

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Problem is getting a legal temporary plate to get it home, I think.
Im not sure about the other states that have to be driven thru, but to my knowledge in Florida all you have to show is a title proving you just purchased the vehicle and are transporting it home. This is just what i have been told and am not sure about other states.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts