Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any owner's clubs here in Florida? Wanna start one for fun? No dues no rules. Just get together maybe 1 day every month or every other month and grill out somewhere. I was thinking we could meet in a different locale each time. I'm not fussy. Just think it might be cool and excuse to get out of the normal weekend rut. :p Any takers?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
too far south

if we got something going, you could drive down once every other meeting or to be fair "we'd" come up there, 8)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Renewed Interest

Wow, sorry to bump a 9 year old thread but given that there were only a few posts on it, hopefully it won't be too offensive. ;)

So I am 99% sure I will be purchasing a 2001 Insight 5-speed this weekend (67k miles!) and I'm already wanting to know everything about these cars and how we can help each other squeeze the most out of them. I'd be very interested in a Florida Insight Club or whatever it would be called. Hopefully 9 years after the idea was presented and a whole new generation of Insights were released and sold, there will be much more interest in the idea.

Please, sound off with your ideas, interest level and location within Florida. Me, I'm in Melbourne, on the Space Coast.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re

Wow, sorry to bump a 9 year old thread but given that there were only a few posts on it, hopefully it won't be too offensive. ;)

So I am 99% sure I will be purchasing a 2001 Insight 5-speed this weekend (67k miles!) and I'm already wanting to know everything about these cars and how we can help each other squeeze the most out of them. I'd be very interested in a Florida Insight Club or whatever it would be called. Hopefully 9 years after the idea was presented and a whole new generation of Insights were released and sold, there will be much more interest in the idea.

Please, sound off with your ideas, interest level and location within Florida. Me, I'm in Melbourne, on the Space Coast.

Destin Florida here.

·
Registered
66 Posts
OK so we've got:
1. MaximumFuelage - Central FL
2. SSTWin - Jax
3. charlieinjax - Jax
4. deadson26 - Destin
5. blackcloud77 - Melbourne

Future interest, add your name/location to the list.

MaxFuel, I sent you a PM with a tranny question, since you're close by...

·
Registered
66 Posts
2. SSTWin - Jax
3. charlieinjax - Jax
4. deadson26 - Destin
6. eal - Gainesville area

·
Registered
81 Posts
Cool. May/June get together in Mt Dora? Sat AM to Sunday early afternoon? Anyone know of a smaller "car friendly" hotel/motel/B&B?

·
Registered
66 Posts
That sounds good to me. I have a friend in Mt. Dora. There are actually a few hills over there unlike most FL driving. Anyone else?

·
Registered
81 Posts
June 13-15

So, FL Insighters (and any others), how does Fri PM to Sunday noon, June 13-15 sound? I checked out the Hampton Inn just out of downtown Mt Dora and they have rooms available. Published rate is $99, I bet we could do better.

I will call the general manager on Monday to get more specific. Please reply if these dates and that hotel/cost would work. I expect Fri PM would be a meet and greet, Saturday all day for tech talk and parking lot "hands on", Saturday night on our own, and Sunday AM for final chat and departure.

Any other suggestions welcomed and appreciated.

·
Registered
459 Posts
2. SSTWin - Jax
3. charlieinjax - Jax
4. deadson26 - Destin
6. eal - Gainesville area
7. element6 - Port St. Lucie

·
Registered
66 Posts
Quality Inn & Suites in Mt. Dora is $75. Probably not as nice and new as Hampton though. It is waterfront.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm good with that. Will check it and the Hampton Inn out tomorrow. Also, I was suggesting a "maximum" stay amount. Anyone would be welcome for whatever time they want. I figure Sat AM to early afternoon would be the prime time to meet and talk. Earlier or later is for meet/greet, tire kicking, "tale telling", and of course, refreshments. :cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hotel

OK, so I called the Hampton Inn, Best Western, Quality Inn, and the Lakeside Inn. First 3 are on Rte 441 about a mile or 2 out of Historic Mt Dora. Rooms are $99, $75-$80, $89, and $89 respectively.

I'm leaning towards the Lakeside Inn (I've stayed there twice before for 2 other club events and really enjoyed it). They are right at the edge of downtown (walk anywhere), have a meeting room for us on Saturday, and will allow us to park on a portion of their front lawn to move around and "visit" each other's vehicles during the day on Saturday.

They are an old, historic lakeside inn that would make a nice mini vacation spot if you are bringing a spouse, friend, partner, etc.

Here is a link, check it out and let me know if that would work at the $89 rate.

Graciously Serving Since 1883 - Lakeside Inn

I have no personal interest in this, just two nice prior visits.

·
Registered
81 Posts
FL Meetup?

????? Any interest? Another date?, venue? I may have a challenge that weekend as well, so let me know.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts