Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the base model 2010 Insight with the factory radio still installed. The step size for the tuner is 200 kHz (so I can pick up 88.9, 99.1, 99.3, etc.), which is fine in the US. Unfortunately, I'm driving it in Middle East, where the radio stations aren't that restricted, so I'm missing at least half of the stations. Is there a way to reduce the step size for finer tuning?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the base model 2010 Insight with the factory radio still installed. The step size for the tuner is 200 kHz (so I can pick up 88.9, 99.1, 99.3, etc.), which is fine in the US. Unfortunately, I'm driving it in Middle East, where the radio stations aren't that restricted, so I'm missing at least half of the stations. Is there a way to reduce the step size for finer tuning?
My advice would be to check the radios' manual carefully for a setting to change the step size. It may even be a switch on the back of the unit. I have a Yamaha Radio tuner which actually has a switch on the back to change the step size. I cannot imagine such a setting being totally hard wired.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts