Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally picked up two cans and started just spraying one piece at a time seeing how i like it. Overall it's more satisfying than any paint work i've done with actual paint just because of how easy it is to apply and take off.

Not sure how i feel about also blacking out the top grill, i'm afraid it'll be too dark especially with the matte black... adding the glossifier clear spray might change that.

I do think maybe blacking out the bottom part of the door handles thats underneath the moving part could be interesting and also using the white dip to do the wheels.

Anyway tell me what you guys think.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
terrible mock up done in paint for what the bottom piece of the handles will look like dipped.

haven't seen that done yet but i think it's neat, if only the rain would stop

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Me too, I can buy a can to dip the handles of tools into. Seems to have a real following online and people have done some neat stuff with it.

I like the front and rear. My front has the upper and bumper cover black matte. I also painted the thingies under the turn signals black to give it more of a contrast. :cool:

dipped? I thought that was the plastic coated schmootz for the handles of tools, not a paint like substance for cars?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dipped? I thought that was the plastic coated schmootz for the handles of tools, not a paint like substance for cars?
that was the original product in the dipping can. They then came out with a spray paint like version of the formula. It works just like any other spray paint can you can buy but peels right off like a film that you have on a new car when you first buy it. Also comes in many colors.

also costs just a little over $6 a can. can't really beat that.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me too, I can buy a can to dip the handles of tools into. Seems to have a real following online and people have done some neat stuff with it.

I like the front and rear. My front has the upper and bumper cover black matte. I also painted the thingies under the turn signals black to give it more of a contrast. :cool:
i'm curious to see what you mean by the thingies by the turn signals... i'd love to see a picture.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Here you go, black grill, black bumper cover, smoked lamps, smoked turns, smoked trims, amber fogs. :cool:

Cant help but thing of that song paint it black. I see a red car and I want it painted black......

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here you go, black grill, black bumper cover, smoked lamps, smoked turns, smoked trims, amber fogs. :cool:

Cant help but thing of that song paint it black. I see a red car and I want it painted black......
Very nice man.

Here's mine all finished.

·
Registered
622 Posts
looks good ... im not much for modding these new things but I regret not getting a clear bra on the front - my ny to tx runs have wreaked havoc on the beak of my car - permanently plastered road debris and bug matter and divots from stones and etc

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks good ... im not much for modding these new things but I regret not getting a clear bra on the front - my ny to tx runs have wreaked havoc on the beak of my car - permanently plastered road debris and bug matter and divots from stones and etc
completely agree. If i do ever decide to purchase a brand new car again (usually i go used) the first thing i'll do before i drive it anywhere is having the whole front end wrapped. I remember doing estimates and best price was around $1200 but passed anyway since damage was already done from the Nj NY area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts