Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOTE: Cross-posted to General Discussion forum!

OK...me again.
I've had a few more requests for Insight Driver's Footrests...sooooo...yet again I'm going to offer to put together a group-buy on these.

I need at least 4 more interested parties to place the order. If you are interested in more details on the footrests, please see the thread here:
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... t=footrest

The price remains the same at $40 and it includes shipping and replacement plugs for mounting. Please PM me here, or email me at jholmgren "at" advertising.com if you want any more details.

Apologies for the "for sale" nature of the post! :wink:

Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Footrests are in!

Hi everyone,
The footrests arrived today from the manufacturer. If you already paid me, I sent you an email earlier today with the details.

If you are interested in one, but didn't pre-pay - please let me know. I ordered some extras, so I have some "in stock".

Thanks!
Jim

·
Registered
366 Posts
This is a cool mod people. If you don't have one, get one!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to let y'all know, I have a few extras from the last group buy...what better way to spend that extra holiday cash (and help me clean out the garage) ;)

PM me or email me at jholmgren "at" advertising.com if you are interested!

Thanks!

p.s. - on the $40 price tag... my "profit" on these after paying up front for manufacturing, purchasing the mounting plugs and shipping materials and shipping them USPS first-class is about $2 ea (and that's not including the time I put into this project).
I'm really not in this to make any money! I was able to sell them at $35 each on the very first round of orders because of a quantity discount I received from the manufacturer. Subsequent orders haven't been large enough to qualify for the discount.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Jim:

___I just got back from picking up the Insight and low and behold … a nice little Christmas present from you with my name on it ;)

___Thanks for making this GB a success and the dead pedal looks great! It will look even better tomorrow when I get it into to the Insight!

___Good Luck and Thanks again.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:53csnzhg][email protected][/email:53csnzhg]

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow...the USPS is exceeding expectations - that was fast! :D

Glad you like it, I think you'll really like it once it has been installed!

-Jim

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brian,
I'm not supplying these footrests to make any money, so I don't really care that you are offering a "competitive" product - hey the more Insight accessories the better!... but you really should be more up-front with the folks on this forum.

"I found footrest/dead pedal covers available at insightaccessories.com They might be worth checking out."

From the site:
"InsightAccessories.Com was founded by me, Brian Peterson, 23. As an onwer of a Honda Insight I realized that there was limited availabilty of accesories for our Honda Insights. It seemed to me that the most advanced car on the roads should have a few more accesories for it. "

Unless "brpeterson" does not = Brian Peterson...in which case, I apologize.

If you are at all interested in offering the pedals listed in this thread through your site, please contact me privately - I'd be happy to discuss a "distribution deal" with you. :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Resist:

___You might want to consider looking at the laser etching that goes into Jim’s pedals before you say anything else. These two pedals are literally night and day in comparison to one another to say the least.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email:1ocrx9xp][email protected][/email:1ocrx9xp]

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Well I'm not really interested in the laser etching. It's not like I'm going to spend time looking at the dead pedal anyway.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Jim:

___I lost my links of the Insight etched pedals you have offered many of us. Would you mind posting the links again so I can bookmark them. You might as well them next to Mr. Peterson’s as well so Resist knows what the real differences are. The Insight etched dead pedal is really sharp with the properly installed black and red underlayment and I cannot think of another personal touch addition that adds as much as it does for so little cost.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email:178fhxek][email protected][/email:178fhxek]

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
This discussion has a picture of the Holmgren pedal as does the next page (scroll down to posts by ucfool and dazey). I would show a picture of mine but it's got mud on it. The word "Insight" is cut out, btw, not etched.

It's cute. Matches the other "Insight" labelling in the car interior nicely (floor mats and rear cargo mat). It confuses the guys at my Honda dealer when I take it in for service, they wonder why they don't see more of them on their Hondas...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the kind words guys ::blush::

For those of you that didn't get my email (that purchased during the last round)...they were delivered Monday and are on their way to you!

I've got some extras from the last round if anyone is interested. Feel free to PM me anytime!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts