Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD. Thank you Insight Central!

-Year: 2000

-Color: Silverstone metallic

-Transmission: 5spd

-Current Mileage: 198,262

-High Voltage Battery Age: Jul 25th, 2015 (Bumblebee Battery). Condition: V. good

-Transmission Condition: V. good to Excellent (can shift down to 2nd at 40+ mph, no prob) no drips.

-Engine or IMA Codes Showing: none.

-Interior Condition Summary: Very good- light wear, mats were removed after noticing wetness underneath, so they've got very light wear. Unusually clean Insight, rear cargo area, as well, but hatch (which needs new struts) requires key to open.

-Exterior Condition Summary: Quite presentable. Original paint. One very difficult to find ding (forgot where it is), but there are a few scrapes, down low on an already low car, so they're not terribly noticeable, on the rocker panel area, and a small chip in the black area of the fender skirt. No accidents ever (I'm the 2nd owner, and have had the car 13 years). Car tracks straight, but could definitely use a new set of RE-92's.

Car does not drip or burn oil. The one time anyone other than myself did an oil change on it was while it was at the dealership to verify time for a new IMA battery, I had them do an oil change while in the shop . After cautioning them about the magnesium pan, and to be careful, they managed to strip the threads, and they put a repair kit on, which has never leaked (I have an unsealed concrete driveway & garage floor).

Parking in the shade may have saved the paint (although the roof is less shiny than the rest of the body) and kept a cooler IMA battery, but pine needles did accumulate in the front fenders, possibly one culprit in allowing water to get the floor wet, in addition to most likely needing the roof trim pieces sealed. Also- parking barrier distance misjudgment resulted in the some belly pan clips getting taken out.

Trip meter and dash brightness buttons just replaced, with thanks to Scott (KLR3CYL). New window lift switch assembly, while in there.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Beautiful car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good luck with sale. You should have no problem selling with the MT. The CVT's eat up the flywheel splines and are more problematic IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts