Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there,

I'm not a savvy afficionado of these cars, but all the same, I am sad to part with my 2001 Insight CVT, but my wife won't endorse the purchase of a second refurbished battery. This battery outlasted its warranty by exactly 5 weeks. Right now, the starter battery is also depleted.

I'm accepting best offers. It's blue, currently in Oakland, CA and has 189,000 miles on it. Body is in good shape. We had it detailed, but the interior is fairly grimy - we really used this car, sometimes as if it were a pickup truck. It's hauled dogs, straw, garage sale finds and more. That said, I totally still drive friends around it in (one at a time, of course).

Other systems are operational. We've kept good service records. New tires. Some irritating problems include a leak in one of the gaskets around the rear window which lets water in if it rains heavily, hatch struts that need to be reinstalled (they're new but we put them in wrong the first time), and a sticky back latch. My family are all automotive people and they say this car could totally be refurbished and is not ready to part out.

If anyone out there is interested in learning more, let me know and I'll get and post more info and photos. Ask the questions you need answered. Whatever you pay me for the car, you'll also need to pay for shipping to get it to you, I suppose.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Not an auction site. Forum rules require a price.
Not entirely accurate. Auctioning(bartering) is currently prohibited, but the seller "may" post a price - not "must" post a price. The rules are posted as a sticky at the top of the "buy/sell" section.

We have been trying to update those rules but it is a huge job and the volunteer moderators just haven't gotten it done yet. Our appologies for the continuing confusion.

Though the old rules are outdated and have mistakes, a couple of things are clean: 1. It helps save some time if the seller posts his asking price, and 2. negotiating on IC is prohibited and will be deleted. All negotiations must be taken off IC.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Registration

I'm about to donate the car to public radio. The registration is a couple days past due, now. If you're interested in the car, please feel free to message me.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Blast from the past! I actually picked this car up, and it's now my little brothers car! We bypassed the IMA, and he recently put fresh RE92's on it thanks to a sale and is getting 55-60mpg.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts