Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Late fathers Honda Insight Mk1 (UK Car) - I've tried to be as honest as possible with the below requirements. I'm no expert on these.

-Year 2001
-Color Grey
-Transmission (5spd/CVT) 5 Speed (Manual)
-Current Mileage 139000
-Asking Price £4500
-Location Bradford, West Yorkshire UK
-High Voltage Battery Age/Condition Was re-conditioned within last 5 years AFAIK (holds charge well)
-Transmission Condition All gears working
-Engine or IMA Codes Showing none
-Interior Condition Summary Above average
-Exterior Condition Summary Good couple of small scuffs (see photos)

Will add pics when weather gets better with any bad bits.

·
Super Moderator
1,771 Posts
When you have an opportunity please clarify, 5spd/CVT. It’s one or the other but not both. If you look at the shifter it’s a manual transmission or if it’s an automatic type shifter it’s a CVT. Or you could post a picture.

Scott

·
Super Moderator
1,771 Posts
@minor4326,
Please read that again and tell me how you deciphered that? Because it says 5 speed auto.

I’m trying to help this person with their post. This person said they are doing their best to list the car correctly. In 2001 they made both types of transmissions MT & CVT. Other car manufacturers made automatic versions with 5 speeds.

Scott

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's a language thing, perhaps the difference between UK English and American English! "5-speed Auto" refers to "5-speed Automobile"

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
847 Posts
I guess I accepted that instinctivly as I lived in England for six years and my daughter currently lives there. 🙂

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
I'm so confused. That said, I can't wait until I can import a 5-speed RHD Honda Insight into the States. (that's what you guys call the US right? the States?)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi All apologies for the confusion his first insight was an auto this one is not its a Manual 5sp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the more i look into this car the more i want to convert it to an EV my self :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you have an opportunity please clarify, 5spd/CVT. It’s one or the other but not both. If you look at the shifter it’s a manual transmission or if it’s an automatic type shifter it’s a CVT. Or you could post a picture.

Scott
Hi All apologies for the confusion his first insight was an auto this one is not its a Manual 5sp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts