Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
****Sold 12/15/2018**** Thanks for your interest

2001 Honda Insight, Monte Carlo blue, 5 speed manual transmission with 192,803 miles. $1,400 or best offer. In Lovettsville, VA.

I'm selling because the IMA/Check engine light came on November 19, 2018, and the battery is no longer charging on its own. I assume it is throwing P1447, but I haven't confirmed with a code reader. The high voltage battery was installed by a Honda dealer in March, 2015 at no cost because it was still within warranty (by just one week!) from a March 2012 install. In that 2012 battery replacement a new BCM (1K100-PHM-A01) and MCM (1K000-PHM-060) replaced the originals.

The clutch works perfectly. When at high speeds the transmission wants to grind when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd gear, but I have been avoiding the grind by slowing down and easing it into 2nd gear, or just 'blipping' towards first gear before entering second because the synchronizer from 1st to 2nd gear works swell.

Interior is in good shape. There is some staining on the seats, but no rips. Comes with original Insight floor mats for front and rear. Exterior has some paint scrapes and some door dings, but no large dents. This car came from the dealer without AC, and has never had an AC installed because... how does that improve mpg? ;) OEM AM/FM/cassette deck works. Drain pan plug in good shape. Passed VA inspection on May 2018.

Tires are Bridgestone P-165/65.R14 low rolling resistance tires with just over 10,000 miles, and were new April 2014.

I am the second owner. Purchased April 2002 with 4,285 miles from the seller who won the car in a silent auction at his tennis club. It became the daily driver for my wife and I, and we used it for commuting to work until 2010. Then she started driving a CR-Z and I started driving the Insight back and forth a short distance to the train station.

It has taken out 2 deer in its lifetime. Each time the damage to the car was minor. A professional body shop replaced the light assemblies and hood.

Maintenance Highlights

clutch slave cylinder was replaced January 2015
new Honda 12v battery December 2010
transmission fluid replaced and clutch serviced September 2009 (155,106 miles)
new O2 sensor February 2009 (121,206 miles)
EGR valve replaced October 2007 (113,295 miles)
new spark plugs April 2007 (103,401 miles)
transmission fluid replaced May 2006 (82,920 miles)
replaced front brake pads November 2005 (74,283 miles)

Known defects

-driver's side switch for passenger window will roll the window down, but not back up. But the passenger side switch for the window works fine
-the knob for the heater is broken. The heat still works, but the temperature adjustment knob isn't fully attached and is imprecise.

I have complete records that I can share, and even the original window sticker. (Well, most of it. It is a little torn with a piece missing at the bottom right corner.) Includes 2 keys with remote, one valet key, windshield visor, service manuals, electrical troubleshooting manual, and owner's manual.

If you are interested send me a private message with your email address and I can send more photos and answer any questions. I am hoping I can find an enthusiast who can enjoy this car for many more years.

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
Best of luck with your sale! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car is reserved, sale pending

This car has a potential buyer now, and is reserved. I will post when the sale is final.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts