Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Insights,

I just restored a pair. The 2000 is a 5 speed. The 2006 is CVT. I gave my wife her choice and she said "The one with Automatic"

What makes them unique is they have experimental BumbleBee battery packs. Don't know what they did but definately more pickup. If you want to see it visit Auto Trader and search for a 2000 Gen 1 Insight. I am very proud how they both turned out but I like the Red one the best. Check it out and let me know what you think. FYI. gas in my town went up $0.75 a gallon. If biden is true to his word I suspect that's just the beginning. My price is negotiable but I can't give it away. Very LOW miles which makes it rare.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,111 Posts
Maybe post your Location in your Profile as ALL G1 Insighters have done, and then post a direct link to the vehicle for sale.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
everything is in the ad EXCEPT the flat black H emblem for the front. knew I had bought one but my wife had put it away "where we would be sure to know where it was". been missing for a year. it's in the ad but I'm in 29520. I know it's just business but I would like to sell it to someone who will take care of it. It took us over 2 years to get it finished.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I still get gas for $1.99

Futures are going down again

But I know what you mean, while some stations went down a nickel others out of town are using the news to jump prices a quarter.

I always figured futures down should also translate to cheaper gas ?

Ah well

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not where I am. 3 things I hate to pay for; car gas, natural gas and electricity. once it's gone it's gone. my house is 3200 square feet. I heat, dry cloths and water with natural. I bought not the top of the line but close maytag gas dryer. I just upgraded my tankless water heater to a Navian. My furnace had reached the end of it's lifecycle. Replaced with a high efficiency Trane.

My equal pay for natural is $23.00 monthly. And electricity is $110.00. Because of the little insights we pay nothing for gasoline.

Will biden's handlers raise the prices for both. I say yes. He said they are and no one can stop them. I never have been big on drivjng a road warrior. We shall see. I recall the gas lines of the late 70's. Never again me.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Saw your ad. You're close to me. If the battery is warrantied your asking price is decent. When was it installed, do you have proof, and is there any remaining warranty on it?

BTW unless there's something unique going on here, this isn't an 'experimental' BB battery, it's simply their 8.0Ah version, which is the best battery they make for these cars, and can be had for ~$2300 shipped when on sale, and it offers no more pickup than a normal 6.1Ah battery, just better stamina and longer lasting IMA power.

I'm pretty sure this is the car:

Oh and you might want to post in the sale ads, not ride of the month contest.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm on the phone with bumblebee. looks like the invoice I have is the wrong one. cost I quoted were for packs were for both. i asked my wife how much I paid and the number she gave me was for the pair.

Haley @ BB $1995.00 plus $250.00 both way shipping. mechanics fee was $200.00 remove and install. The cells are 8.0 ah. 3 year warranty started december 7, 2019. The rep said high capacity cells which will better perform.

Let me adjust my ad. Take a look and give me a call if you are still interested. Thanks for your questions.

We only put 250 miles give or take on the car since I bought it. Noboby wanted ti drive it because it's manual. I can't because I'm 6'7" and I weigh 285. My giant feet couldn't manipulate the pedals.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok mr. greentrees. i have adjusted my price. it has 2 years left in battery warranty. thanks for you inquiry.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
ok mr. greentrees. i have adjusted my price. it has 2 years left in battery warranty. thanks for you inquiry.
I was simply trying to point out some confusion. Most likely anyone who's interested in these cars knows a thing or two about them, and further anyone who would pay a premium for one (your asking price of $7500 is surely premium) will know their stuff. Your ad is confusing, I am just suggesting you adjust your wording. A few helpful hints:

• people don't want the run flat tires on larger wheels, they kill mpg which is the purpose of this car...you might leave that out of the ad
  • the vehicle is not 100% aluminum
  • the battery is not 5 year warranty it is 3 year warranty
  • the battery does not have 5 years transferrable, it only has 2 years transferrable
  • the battery was not $4500 it was $2445

These are all very important to perspective buyers who are going to pay >$7000 for a 21 year old Honda that nobody knows anything about. I've bought 2 of these cars in the last few months and have looked at about 80 for sale in the same time. The things noted above would most likely dissuade someone seriously interested who was perusing the classifieds due to misinformation and inconsistencies.

I suggest make it a bit more "insight buyer friendly", and hopefully you'll pass the car on to a happy buyer. Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm on the phone with bumblebee. looks like the invoice I have is the wrong one. cost I quoted were for packs were for both. i asked my wife how much I paid and the number she gave me was for the pair.

Haley @ BB $1995.00 plus $250.00 both way shipping. mechanics fee was $200.00 remove and install. The cells are 8.0 ah. 3 year warranty started december 7, 2019. The rep said high capacity cells which will better perform.

Let me adjust my ad. Take a look and give me a call if you are still interested. Thanks for your questions.

We only put 250 miles give or take on the car since I bought it. Noboby wanted ti drive it because it's manual. I can't because I'm 6'7" and I weigh 285. My giant feet couldn't manipulate the pedals.
I was simply trying to point out some confusion. Most likely anyone who's interested in these cars knows a thing or two about them, and further anyone who would pay a premium for one (your asking price of $7500 is surely premium) will know their stuff. Your ad is confusing, I am just suggesting you adjust your wording. A few helpful hints:

• people don't want the run flat tires on larger wheels, they kill mpg which is the purpose of this car...you might leave that out of the ad
  • the vehicle is not 100% aluminum
  • the battery is not 5 year warranty it is 3 year warranty
  • the battery does not have 5 years transferrable, it only has 2 years transferrable
  • the battery was not $4500 it was $2445

These are all very important to perspective buyers who are going to pay >$7000 for a 21 year old Honda that nobody knows anything about. I've bought 2 of these cars in the last few months and have looked at about 80 for sale in the same time. The things noted above would most likely dissuade someone seriously interested who was perusing the classifieds due to misinformation and inconsistencies.

I suggest make it a bit more "insight buyer friendly", and hopefully you'll pass the car on to a happy buyer. Good luck!
point taken. I corrected the discrepancies with the battery and other things and adjusted the price. that is what I am asking. take it or leave it.

i have the same rims and tires on my orange
and the mileage hssn't been impacted that much. I know not every part is not aluminum. this is a ad I found for a 06. probably sold by now. thanks for your interest and so long.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts