Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does one "encourage" the Insight to charge the battery at a standstill? I am compeating soon & want the battery to be at full charge at the start of every timed run.

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
Stock Insight:
If you rev the RPMs up high enough ( usually around 3,000 or so ) the IMA will enter into forced regen mode... and will recharge the stock batteries at about a 10 to 15 Amp rate....

Not Stock :
You can get the same regen without reving the engine at idel RPMs ... but you would need to install the "M" word... which is banned to discuss here... so you will have to go to http://www.99mpg.com in order to read about it... or you can email me privately ([email protected]) if you want my full unedited answer.

[mod insert:<sigh> MIMA discussions have been politely asked to be moved. Simply follow the links and discuss it to your hearts content. :) ]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, you mean M**A, I may get one when the warranty is up.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Gentlemen please.........

As a reader and contributor to this forum it Pis**s me off to read MIMA spelled with as**risks or refferd to as the "M" word, as if it were swearing.

I contributed to the project, as did John, and Yves. I consider Mike to be a personal friend, and in the spirit of innovation, a kindred spirit. The moderators decision was arrived at after many days and many pages of private discussion with Mike.

You best support Mike's efforts when you simply refer interested parties to his extensive website without making it sound like there is some malevolent taboo.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Since Mark has insisted in continuing this "argument" here:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=6123

I'll try once again to help the group understand.

IMO and AFAIK the "norm" for any specialized Internet message board (topic limited) is the same as real world group discussion.

Insist on going off-topic in any face-to-face group meeting any you find out the real meaning of the word "shunned". Insist on too much attention and the Master of Ceremony will do his or her best to redirect your "social blunder".

In relation to MIMA, which appears to have further fueled this misunderstanding, should IC have wanted to "ban" MIMA all such history here could have been deleted. And all references expunged. That is NOT what has happened. Quite the opposite :!: :shock:

MIMA has been given a prominent sticky post (doesn't walk down the page as new posts are added). Yes, I am sorry Mike chose the topic he did in parting. But let's get real here. Its not like you have to "travel" any distance or spend any time getting there. :? Its just a few mouse clicks and seconds for page reload time :!:

Too much "trouble" opening / closing another browser window :?: Agreed, that annoys me too. :x Try Firefox, K-Meleon, IE7 etc. All support tabbed browsing (many other browsers do too).

Want to discuss Astronomy, Literature, Zoology :?: etc., etc., etc.
Its no different.

Click to a different site.

"Personal issues" :?: Use a PM

I do :!: :)

Locking

Sincerely,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.