Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is considering a Ford Escape Hybrid. We live in Canada and get no tax credits for 'green purchases'. She drives 20 miles each way to work in stop and go traffic and hauls kayaks on expeditions for our daughter. It looks like an ideal car but??? What says the group? Is there an Escape group similar to the insight folks. You were quite helpful to me when I owned an insight and even told me I would have to take it back to the USA before I discovered Honda would not let me keep it.

Reg
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Reg, sorry about the Insight. Were you in Thunder Bay about three months ago?

For all I know the Ford Explorer is a fine vehicle. I was reading John 1701's web site blog a while back, and he suggested that the regular Explorer site members were not too keen on the hybrid version, so the hybrid members may have started their own site.

Have you considered a Prius? It does ride more like an SUV and the back seats configure like an SUV. If you can get the Kayak in there it would be about 30 percent better gas mileage than the Explorer and there are huge numbers of owners and a well established forum.

You might want to read this Escape hybrid owners recent blog:

http://hybridcars.com/blogs/hybrid-daze

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The Escape is an SUV so it more difficult to avoid a collision and has much higher risk of rolling over compared to a car.
I would suggest the Toyota Prius or civic hybrid with roof racks if a Hybrid is desirable. But a Toyota Matrix with roof racks would be my top pick. It gets exellent fuel economy and it seems to have more useful interior space then an Escape.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts