Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already ordered mine. There are 3 colors:
Red, Blue and Green.
I was told that Green is the default color unless they have 6 firm orders. I am not selling this. just letting you know. It is $48 w/ shipping. Here's the link:
[email protected] or go to:

http://www.ebbro.com
Click:
ENTER
Honda Gallery
Hot Series
Any of the 3 Insight listings.
The guy takes paypal. I searched for like 6 hours trying to find one.

Later guys and gals!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I might get one of these. The blue doesn't seem to match the real car's color very well, though, so green might be better...

·
Registered
702 Posts
i might have to get one... :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
I bought a green one on eBay, too bad they didn't make silver :(

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Model

I was hoping to find a plastic model. I was going to build it as a transformer. Would've been cool, but noone has one.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Silver is by far the most common color, and the only factory color they don't make the little car in. Weird.

·
Registered
366 Posts
That's kinda cool. I have a few of their cars (S2000 model) I like them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the red diecast model Insight, and the red doesn't look at all orange on the actual model. In fact, it's very accurate reproduction of Honda red.

Overall, they've done a good job with the proportions and getting all the details right.

Rick
2006 CVT

·
Registered
59 Posts
oops

Boy, you have to be really fast. They don't have anymore.....sigh. Will have to look elsewhere!! Thanks for the tip! :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got mine from EWA:

http://www.ewa1.com/

But I just did a search and didn't find any. Still, you may want to contact them because they did have them (all three colors) at one time.

There's no model manufacturers name anywhere on it! That's very odd. Still, worth looking for, since it really is an excellent model of the Insight.

It's a right-hand drive Insight, so probably a Japanese model company.

Rick
2006 / CVT

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just recieved my Insight model today from ebay.

The model is very high quality and extremely accurate. It is a bit small, but so is the Insight. ;) Warning, don't try to play around with your Insight model, you'll just end up getting it dirty. Fingerprints/dust/dirt show up very easily on this model car.

What's funny is that I got some Tesla Motors merchandise the same day I ordered the Honda Insight model. The Tesla Motors gear is coming from California, and the Insight is coming from Hong Kong, yet I received the Insight first! :oops:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Was the Insight model from ebay of a right side drive Insight (Japan / U.K.) or of the left side drive U.S. (and almost everywhere else) type?

I'm still looking for a left side drive type!

Rick
2006 CVT

·
Registered
99 Posts
The one I got from ebay was on the right side.

I don't think they ever made a left-side version.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got mine at EWA as well, but that was a few years ago. I too did not see it on their website just now.

My little model is still in its box, never touched!

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
There are plenty of them on the UK ebay site and the seller seems geared up to send them to the whole world, so go there and compare costs if there are none in the USA at the moment.

Mine is in transit at the moment and although the advert says the item is located in the UK I recon it is actualy in Japan and they are telling porkys! I will be re-spraying it grey as soon as I get it ....and I think the rear wiper arm will need thinning a bit to get it to scale. Also, my DAB antenna is at a different angle to the standard Insight one, so that will need changing:D

Rog

·
Registered
99 Posts
Roger,

Be sure to be very careful when dealing with the die-cast model. It is very, very delicate.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Hi Jat,

Thanks for that warning! I am only going to give it a respray with a can of paint :D .....Years back I used to build up metal die cast cars from kits, which then got sold on by a dealer. I did about twenty before I got sick of spending all my time repairing faults in the castings with solder, as their quality was deplorable. I hope I have not lost the knack in the intervening years.

If you want to see car modeling at it's very best, search Google for "Gerald Wingrove"

·
Registered
473 Posts
Re:

merigayle said:
the red one looks orange and I would LOVE that to be my car's color!!!!
Me too Merigayle. I've been tossing around the idea of having my baby repainted, and been toying around with whether I was to repaint it the same color or have something different. My favorite color so far is Chevy's new Atomic Orange metallic that they're painting some of the new Corvettes.

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/images/c ... 2606_1.jpg
http://www.easyautosource.com/sample_dealer_ad.html

Check it out. Wouldn't that look wonderful on an Insight with the black trim? My wife thinks I'm nuts for liking orange.
-Don

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Got my new car today and within twenty minutes I had removed the chassis, windscreens, mirrors. number plates headlamps,tail lamps and antenna. :D

It is now ready for painting once I have removed the old paint and sorted out the slight casting blemish on the right front wing.

It is a very well made model and the biggest problem is going to be replicating the bonnet badge as this is inkjet printed (or something ) and will be hard to reproduce. The best bit is the tiny Honda emblems on the wheels.

Rog

1 - 20 of 25 Posts