Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Edit your post and put a http:// in front of the url for the image and it'll show up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The console has 4 bolts that are used to hold the supplied brackets. The bolts press fit to the console sides (it scatches a small amount) and it sits flat on the existing console. I put two strips of velco down to hold it from going up but I doubt its needed. The unit was $39.95 +$9.50 s&H. Go to http://www.jcwhitney.com and look up console.

Bob

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, that's the one (gray/black). I removed the brackets and put velcro just to the inside of the bolts. The bolts straddle the existing console just right so there is no movement. The velcro keeps it down. You might want to get a clear 1/4 inch hose stub to put over each bolt.

NO HOLES NEED TO BE DRILLED.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Bob...

That sounds like it might be the answer for me. Could you post some pics of what it looks like installed? Thanks!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thank you. I just ordered mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
just curious, why did you choose black?

Looks like a great find, thanks! Just curious, why did you choose black? Looks like the grey is a better match to your interior. After the fact do you think that black was the right choice? Is anyone else trying the grey? If so, pls let us know how well that matches.

Possibly a stupid question, all factor Insight interiors are the same color scheme, right?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I ordered grey, I'll let you know

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tend to like contrast. The gray/black interior allows either arm rest to work. If you wear a blue shirt with a blue tie...get the gray arm rest. If you wear a blue shirt with a red tie, the black arm rest is for you.
:p

To prevent the bolts on the arm rest from scratching I cut 4 1 inch lengths of clear 1/4" id hose and put them on the bolts. The hose and velcro hold the arm rest very securely.

Bob

·
Registered
211 Posts
Bob--pics...

Bob--If you or someone else who has installed this could post a pic or two, I'd really appreciate it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts