Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a Calpod switch today, like just about everyone else, it took about an hour. The switch I found is not illuminated and fits perfectly in the smaller outer knock outs. The hole I drilled in the center of the knock out is 5/8", however I had to Dremel it out just a hair. Once done I was able to simply thread the back of the switch directly into the knock out and threw away the jam nut it came with.
If it helps anyone out, I found 16 gauge wire the best to jam into the back of the clutch switch. Larger didn't fit in well, and smaller would fall out too easily.
Sorry for starting a new thread, but couldn't find a way to attach the pictures in a reply on the sticky Calpod thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Nicely done! Funny I was just in Radio Shaft yesterday evening looking at switches for the regen pushbutton. I spent a few minutes looking for other switches I might use for other projects. I'm CVT so no Calpod, but I was thinking about installing another switch to keep autostop engaged when the brake is released.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts