Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was parking my Insight at a metered space in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles -- it was a 2-hour time limit space. A meter maid was writing up an expired meter ticket for the car behind me. As I was about to put money in my meter, she told me that it was not necessary as hybrids and electrics got to park for free. I had never heard of this "perk", but she even called her supervisor and confirmed it. Has anyone else ever heard of a "free parking" priviledge in his or her comminity?

John

·
Registered
53 Posts
benjamin said:
This is definitely not the case for hybrids in Los Angeles or anywhere else in California for that matter.
Back from the dead. sorry.

I just called the City of Los Angeles parking violations bureau and Delores confirmed that Parking at meters was free for HYBRID CARS!

Awsome!

Check for yourselves if your still in disbelief: 213-623-6533

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too am in the San Fernando Valley of L.A., and when I called the parking violations bureau about this, several months ago, they said the hybrid had to have a clean air sticker (= HOV sticker) in order to get the free parking.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The total time allocated for that parking space is still in effect though...Like a 2-hour max is just that...you just don't have to stuff the meters with quarters. : )

Cap'n Ron. . .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cap'n Ron said:
The total time allocated for that parking space is still in effect though...Like a 2-hour max is just that...you just don't have to stuff the meters with quarters. : )

Cap'n Ron. . .
Who told you that? J/K do meter maids even care to mark tires anymore?

·
Registered
37 Posts
In the Los Angeles they are definitely chalking tires. Mostly around high-traffic areas like the beach towns, in front of court-houses or other areas where businesses have complained about violators loading meters all day.

Cap'n Ron. . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts