Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2000 insight has 71,000 km, I checked the pad last week and found there were 20% left. so I decided to replace them last week. I bought the parts from Napa auto parts in Vancouver. P/n 85891for the rotor( same as older Honda Civic.) Pad P/N. AE7705. I only took less than an hour have the job done .

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Nice going. My own experience with aftermarket pads is that they tend to squeal. Sometimes bevelled edges or dust grooves are missing.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I put my OEM's on about 10K ago after 100k....not a sound.....

Stops on a penny (that's BEFORE a dime).

:badgrin:

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
When I purchased my Insight a few months ago it arrived with a set of honda pads. Now it's time to change them and Honda wants a kings ransom to install their parts. Is this a job for the average person with great mechanical skills? If so are there any links - pics etc as to how to go about this. Thanks a million
Wayne

·
Registered
61 Posts
Front pads is one of the easier jobs you can do on a car and there's nothing at all special about the ones on the Insight. Any how-to for front pads would be enough of a guide. Such an easy job in fact that my regular mechanic only charges $25 labor to make the swap. If you don't want to try it yourself, bring the pads and the car into a local shop.
Check Car Talk's website for local reccomendations: http://www.cartalk.com/content/mechx/find.html

-John

·
Registered
466 Posts
"Stops on a penny (that's BEFORE a dime)."

actually, i think the original reference has more to do with the actual size of the coin, not it's monetary value. therefore stopping on a dime is done in a shorter distance than stopping on a penny. :p

/spock mode off..... ;)

·
Registered
685 Posts
HafNHaf said:
"Stops on a penny (that's BEFORE a dime)."

actually, i think the original reference has more to do with the actual size of the coin, not it's monetary value. therefore stopping on a dime is done in a shorter distance than stopping on a penny. :p

/spock mode off..... ;)
Even better is "stops on a dime and gives you change"

·
Registered
466 Posts
ahhhh. thats where the pennies come in! :lol: silly me!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I just replaced mine a month ago. No real difference, but I have a lot of pad now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts