Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:idea: When I went to pick up my 2002 Insight from the dealership I noticed that some of the screws that fasten the two-piece inner fenders (inside the fenders and in front of the front wheels) had not been installed correctly. The issue is that the screws had missed the metal clip-nuts that hold these pieces together. I inspected and re-installed the screws through the clip-nuts, which should have been done at the factory. And, since I am in snow country, I also laid a horizontal bead of clear silicone where these pieces come together as well as a vertical bead between the plastic upper inner fender and the metal inner fender piece near the engine compartment. This has successfully prevented snow and ice build-up form lodging in the seams and causing damage. I would suggest that Insight owners inspect all of the fasteners that hold front plastic parts in place, and ensure that the screws do, in fact go through the metal clip-nuts. I've also used a small amount of the same silicone on the rear fender skirt fasteners to prevent them from rusting or vibrating loose as one was missing on date of purchase. They can still be removed easily, but if removed, another dab of silicone will be necessary during re-installation.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts