Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a front license plate holder available from Honda? I'm not sure how it would attach since my Insight (perhaps everyone's) was not made with a holder for the front. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Pblack

Yes, there is a license plate holder, your Honda Dealer should have one, make sure you also buy the special bolts that hold it in place.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Be warned, it sucks.

It's held on by one bolt, and will scratch up the paint underneath it. It also spoils the look of the front of the car.

You'd probably be a lot better off making something on your own. I'm positive that you could do better than Honda did, even if you're just taking a piece of sheet metal, clamping it in a doorframe and bending it to shape.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I have had three Honda Insights and each one has had a different way of attaching the front registration plate. One simply had the plate kinked in the middle and attached to the bumper, the second had a raised black plastic mould - long & straight, the third is also raised plastic but square in shape.
Take your pick! E-mail me if you would like pictures.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I don't much care for the front license plate either. Luckily my state does not require them. The 2000 Insight I briefly had had holes drilled in to the front bumper for a license plate! Quite honestly I'd personally try and get away without the front plate if my state required them.

One thing I saw I did like was one owner fabricated a way to just put his plate in the front grille of his insight in front of the little plastic fins. I like this a lot more than the Honda plastic bracket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts