Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just bought a very lightly used '11 Insight LX and I want to remove the front license plate holder/bracket, since we don't have front plates here in Indiana.

I did this many years ago on a Civic sedan and had to get body-colored plugs for the bolt holes that were left in the bumper. I was hoping I could get some information from folks here as to whether this will be necessary on the Insight, or any tips in general about the procedure.

I realize it's not much of a modification, nor terribly technical, but this seemed the best place to post the question.

Thanks!

Craig in Indy

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's very easy to remove and looks much better with out it. I didn't really feel the need to add colored plugs to fill the bolt holes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just went ahead and took it off. I was happy to see the bolt connection is made in a discreet little molded flange on the back side of the lower grille. The old Civic had that connection right in the face of the body-colored bumper.

·
Registered
194 Posts
unlike most cars theres no holes in the actual bumper. it's just two screws very well hidden in the lower grill.

you'll take it off and no one will ever know where it was in the first place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts