Honda Insight Forum banner

front license plate mount

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Will M 
Question about the things in the back bin

I got my new '03 and it had 3 things in the rear bin. One was the front plastic license holder, but since it's not required in South Florida I probably won't install it, unless I want that protection like mentioned above. If I do I'll probably put a nice thing in there like a honda logo or something custom incribed that says Insight or something kewl. YOu said there's 1 screw in the middle that's normal and the other 2 have to be drilled by the dealer? This means my dealer didn't install these therefore those 2 screw holes on the left and right won't be there, correct? It's brand new so I don't want to put any holes in it that I don't have to. I'll make the dealer install it if drilling is required if I want a front license plate holder. Some people say it looks bad on the car, so maybe I should just leave it off? Thoughts?

The last question is something I may ask in a new topic, as it's been bugging me. The other 2 things in the back bin are what appears to be black plastic corners to something. I don't know where these 2 things mount, inside the car or outside. One guy at the dealer, using his best guess, believed they mounted underneath the front bumper to extend the bumper down a little more. I figured this would be a problem as they'd catch parking bumps and such as they'd make the car "lower". But I just don't know if that's where these 2 black plastic things mount. Insighter, and one other guy, you both have new ones and I assume you got the same 2 black things in your car, do you know where they go? Should I have the dealer install them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.