Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to pick up a pair of the Eclipse 8263 speakers mentioned in another thread, but not being the original owner I decided to double-check what was installed. What I found was a pair of MB Quart DCD 116 speakers. I looked online and saw that they are rated pretty high.

Not being up on car audio I wanted to get some opinions. Keep the MB Quart speakers or shell out the $70 for the Eclipses? Also if anyone has experience with the two, any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Speaker upgrade

The sound problem is not your speakers, its the crappy radio that Honda put in your car. It is one of the worst sounding am\fm cassettes ever put in a new car. New speakers will not help, the speakers you have are pretty good.
A nice new Sony Cd player will solve your sound problems and a new cd player is very easy to install.
The biggest joke of all is the stock Honda am\fm cassette in your Insight lists for $596.50 from the dealer.
The same cassette player from a wrecking yard is less than $75.00.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually am not complaining about the sound quality. I suppose it's because along with the speakers the previous owner installed a CD deck. It is ok but has started skipping and doesn't eject properly. I figured that a quick and cheap upgrade would start with the speakers but now I am not sure if I need to get new speakers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
MB Quart generally are excellent speakers. I'd say just upgrade your deck and you'll be good to go. :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I just have to decide on the deck. Got spoiled with MP3s on a cheap deck I put in my truck. Hmm... there's still time today to go shopping... :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts