Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie Here
I am soon to pick up a 2000 Insight. There will be a few things that I will have to do to it. The front speakers are blown and I would like to replace them along with the head unit. My question is what is required to run new speaker wire to the door for use with a amplifier? Please excuse me if this has been covered before. I searched everywhere on the forum and could not find the information anywhere.

Carlton

·
Registered
24 Posts
I want to know, too.

Wow, what a conincidence! Today, I just replaced the front speakers with components. I've done that few times before. I was going to replace the speaker wires as I always do. However, this thing is impossible to fish the wire through the conduit. After an hour, I gave up and used existing wires. I would love to get back in there to replace the wires when I install the amp next. Has anyone run a new wires to the doors? Please show/teach us how.

Jay

·
Registered
466 Posts
i wanted to swap mine out too, but i also just went with the oem wiring. when i replaced the head unit i spliced into the existing wires behind the dash. worked just fine. then, a few months ago i added a power amp. i just ran new wires from the amp output up to the splices. still works fine.

btw, if you go the outboard amp route, get one with a high-pass filter. i have mine set at 80 Hz. that unloads the door speakers a lot, since they dont have to try to push any bass. you will, of course, need a seperate sub to handle the bottom end...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts