Honda Insight Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
geneR8or, springs shipped yesterday and are expected to deliver tomorrow the 14th.

Natalya, postage is done, box goes out today and expected delivery is Thursday the 15th.

Thank you,
Scott

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
It's been several months now since I had Scott install a set of his new front springs and I have to say I'm extremely pleased with the results. The car feels sportier and tighter. It's definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

Full disclosure. I have a completely new suspension now. GAZ shocks and Scotts springs in the rear, brand new Honda struts and Scotts springs in the front. Did the rears first and the fronts later. Significant difference both times. Even with RE92's overinflated the car sticks to the road when cornering.

If you love your Insight, you'll love it even more with these improvements!

·
Super Moderator
9,299 Posts
If you love your Insight, you'll love it even more with these improvements!
Yep, you're right. Had a chance to drive this combo at InsightFest 2016. As you say the car is much sportier and taught. Did some slalons using both sides of a rural road. Beautiful setup.

·
Super Moderator
5,435 Posts
I've had the fronts for several thousand miles, and I love them. There is a big difference between this car and my other cars with stock front springs. I haven't noticed any change in mileage or tire wear. There are no negatives to these front springs.

Sam

·
Super Moderator
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Do the new springs affect mileage or tread wear?
__
Neil
No the springs do not effect mileage or tread wear.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I finally had the opportunity to make it out to Jue Motors in California last week and visit Scott during the Honda museum visit event. I had purchased these springs back at Stars & Cars last year but had never gotten around to installing them since it was a semi major maintenance. Boy howdy, I had no idea what I was missing! I already had Scott's rear Springs and Gaz shocks, but this is another order of magnitude better overall.

In a nutshell, the car now feels like it has a modern suspension under it. Gone is the ALB chatter after every single small seam I hit in my neighborhood. Gone is the front end dip when you hit the brakes. Bumps that used to make me preemptively grimace now make me smile. The car rattles less overall and is tighter feeling in the corners for sure. Gone also is the "boaty" rocking feeling of the stock springs, replaced by stout responsiveness after a quick correction in direction. From the perspective of upgrading just the rear springs for a couple years (which was also a big change), then adding these, I will say the addition of the fronts changed the entire feel of the car for me.

On a side note, I also installed Scott's prototype 1/2" spacers on the rear suspension while I was in California. I was loaded heavy and riding low even with the upgraded springs when I pulled in. I didn't think I needed them but Scott suggested them and I decided to give them a try. Surprisingly to me, these made a huge difference for me in the overall feel of the car. Again, no bottoming out, no bump stop teeth jarring hits, and a general feeling of a more modern suspension that can actually maneuver to fit the road. it is also nice to see the Honda emblem again on my rear wheels.

If you enjoy crisp responsiveness from your vehicle, ever have passengers, haul anything in the back, or have a wife that almost matches your weight, I highly recommend all of the above suspension upgrades.

·
Super Moderator
5,435 Posts
Eric, did you also change your front shocks, or just the springs? I love mine, too!

Sam

·
Registered
342 Posts
I stuck with the same front struts. They had no leaks after 310000 miles and seem to dampen well. New ones may have had an even more dramatic effect, who knows.

·
Super Moderator
5,435 Posts
That's what I was wondering. I've never changed any of mine, but none of them have "felt" like they needed changing.

Sam

·
Super Moderator
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yes I do. Both, also I have rear GAZ shocks.

Thank you for asking.

Scott

·
Super Moderator
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
That would be great.

Please include your shipping info in the PayPal instructions.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Super Moderator
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I do have springs and shocks available.

The prices I’m listing are shipped, via USPS Priority. Orders that are multiple items can have combined shipping at a discounted price. International orders require me to get a shipping quote.

Front springs $110.00.

Rear springs $100.00

GAZ rear shocks $250.00

If you would like to contact me PM through the forum, email for correspondence [email protected] or I can be reached 8:AM to 9:pM, PST, 909-605-3810.
My PayPal is listed below in my signature.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
00 red M/T
13 Posts
Hey Scott, first post! Could use whatever springs+struts are still around. Have had my red g1 since super bowl day, and that’s been long enough to realize a need for new springs/struts. I’m especially looking for stiffer specs as i plan to lay some heavy sound insulation in soon. I plan to call when i am out of work hours.

On a separate note, any relation to the HybridRevolt site? They seem to have their own share of the rear goodies you have available.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
But of course. Please send me a Conversation, with your proper shipping info, so I can get an accurate shipping quote.

Thanks,
Scott

21 - 40 of 51 Posts