Honda Insight Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Administrator
13,146 Posts
I understand MT and CVT front springs had different ratings due to the significant extra transmission weight, is that your experience?

They ones I have seen certainly looked different with different colour code..

Do you sell MT and CVT front springs?

Or are the +30% MT springs roughly equivalent to CVT springs?

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
I hung out with an Insight owner the other day, his car had these front springs installed, and he let me drive it. I was shocked, truly shocked, at the difference. Ordered them immediately and can't wait to install on my car. When people say it transforms the car it's an accurate description. The car felt like it had fat tires, it absorbed everything so much better and felt so much more solid overall. So grateful that these options are available for our cars.

·
Super Moderator
5,435 Posts
I assume the same. Springs don't know what transmission you have.

I have them on two of my cars, and my impression is the same as Greentrees. Cars without them feel floppy.

Sam

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
1,072 Posts
There is a slight weight difference between CVT and 5sp that I assume is biased up front. I was just curious if there was any discernable difference between the two as far as spring performance is concerned.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,700 Posts
Best to maybe make the call:

·
Super Moderator
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Good afternoon,

I am still having front & rear springs manufactured. Currently I am out of stock on both, they are on order and are expected to be here sometime between mid to late December.
Prior to the pandemic when I would order more it was about a 5/6 week lead time. When I ordered back in August, I was told 5 months.

Scott

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
1,072 Posts
I have put roughly 1,000 plus miles on Scott's front springs. Remember, I drive a CVT and there is a front end weight difference between the CVT and 5MT and Scott has springs made for both. They were paired with new stock Honda front struts. (I had previously installed Scott's rear springs -- don't have my Gaz shocks in yet).

The uprated springs make the handling more precise (I never thought the stock handling was bad to begin with) and definitely give it a firm "sport" feel.

It definitely makes the ride less squirrely. I think it is a really worthwhile upgrade and what Honda should have done from the outset. It makes driving the car much more enjoyable -- and considering it was tons of fun to drive already, that's a big win.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts