Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Insight about a month ago, and recently realized that my front turn signals are not flashing or turning on. I don't think that the issue is with the bulbs, since the yellow lights are still illuminating.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, I am fairly unexperienced in diagnosing vehicle issues

My Insight is a 2012 base model

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Welcome aboard. :)

So, all turn signals work, but the fronts? What about the emergency hazards?

If this car is used it could of been in an accident and the front turns were not plugged back in when reassembled. The later gen 2 have fake lenses on the front below the head lamps that do not light up on the US models too.

Could be both bulbs failed or were not reinstalled. :evil:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yea both turn signals in the back work fine. When I hit the hazard button both rear lights flash fine, but no action in the front. It was in fact bought used. When I turn on the marker lights they illuminate fine just no flash

·
Registered
389 Posts
I might be wrong.. but when you turn on the side indicators from the stalk, it's just the headlight part that lights up.. but the turn signal is actually the bottom part and doesn't come on unless you hit the hazard button or when you indicate a turn using the stalk. But I'm not really sure as my is 2010, the headlight portion lights up only when turning on indicators or headlight.. but the bottom is the turn signal indicators.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Sounds like you may need to visit a dealer. On the later gen 2 its the 2nd light from the bottom that is the turn signal. The bottom light is a dummy for the US market. Else where its a DRL. The one above it should have an orange tint to it as the bulb is orange and blinks, normally off. The first gen 2 are the same way, the front turn is normally off til you turn on the blinky things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yea! Holy cow didn't even see that. Ok this at least gives me a better starting point to figure this out, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
The orange thing beside the headlamp is just a reflector. On this side of the globe it isn't even orange.

I'd be tempted to put a light in just for the fun of it, but can't access it.
Disassembling the whole headlamp would do it (and allow me to slide in some LED DRL's too) but I fear the amount of work involved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts