Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone fabricate anything like this?

I wonder if they install them on the LA Metro Hybrid bus...what would they do for an Insight?

skirts not shirts...

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Check out EcoModder sometime. There is a link to a Honda Civic that has front skirts!

Jim.

·
Registered
22 Posts
the chrysler prowler has a skit similar to that. actully its only a fender but maybe we can adpot the way it is mounted. all we need to do is extend the sides down further.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
:-?

Well... you could probably do it.

But it's like the old joke of teaching a pig to dance... you could do it, but it would be a lot of trouble, and in the end... why would you want to? :cool:

Any aero benefit would be quickly offset by the added weight and complexity, and never mind the cost of manufacturing the thing and how it looks... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the NABI 60-BRT Hybrid Bus the fender skirts are an option.
Design so things don't get caught up in the wheels. Also I think
they make the bus look unique from regular buses.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
> I suppose you could also make some like a bubble on the front wheels. Like these:

Wow, that's just weird... :)
-Don

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm contemplating articulated front wheel skirts: solid sheet-plastic skirts that lie fairly flat against the fender when the wheels aren't turned. When the wheels are turned more than, say, 10°, they will contact a roller on the skirt and push it outward.

If I don't build front wheel skirts, I'll at least build smooth front wheel covers.

Why? Because it improves fuel economy, and because I can. My Insight is an engineering project, not just a car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts