1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD ——2001 insight - Los Angeles

This is great deal for someone looking for a older 1st Gen Insight

Here is the deal:
I am a pilot and I having been keeping my Insight at LAX for the last 1.5 years. I have only been driving it about once a month. (Before I moved out of LA it was a daily driver.) But now they are kicking me out of my free parking spot, so not worth it for me to keep it any more since I don't come to LA much.
The car is running fine, has current registration that expires in early Mar 2019.
The battery was replaced by dealer in 2011. Battery is on it's last legs. It has been occasionally throwing codes. When It does I use my grid charger and do a discharge/charge cycle and it is fine for awhile. The real problem is, it sits for too long since I only drive it once a month. I have found the older battery does not like that. So if you do a complete conditioning of 2 or 3 discharge/charge cycles with the grid charger it might have some more life left in it. Or you could drive it as a gas only. I had a co-worker that did that for years.

Here is info on car:
2001 Insight - silver
manual trans
mileage - approx 230,000
registration- expires early Mar 2019
battery - replaced in 2011 by dealer
mechanical condition- no known problems
exterior- the paint on the roof is faded from sun damage, rest of car, ok
interior- seat have some stains and some wear on the sides
has upgraded radio
also have a grid charger
have the ODBII gauge (the Mike Dabrowski one)

I need to get rid of it on Friday, Feb 22. That is the only time I will be in LA and they will not let me keep it parked past that date. If i can't find someone that wants it, I will just have to give it to a junkyard. Hate to do that since it stills runs fine.

I'm only asking $200 for it since that is what a salvage place said they would give me.

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions

ron
[email protected]

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am interested! I just need to figure out the best way to get it here to Show Low, Arizona, but it seems worth the effort! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good afternoon,

I have an insight 02 silver and it has been good to me, I was wondering if you would be interested to sell the charger only, if so, What brand is the charger.

I am in El Paso and would like to see the cost for ariplane from El Paso and if the boss would give me a chance to miss work this Friday. DO you think the car can be driven all the way to El Paso TX?

Thanks agian

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the charger is one I made myself from the plans on this forum.
There is a thread in 1st gen section of forum all about it.

Every month when i come to LA I would drive the car 200 miles, so i don't see why it wouldn't make a long drive.

·
Super Moderator
4,726 Posts
PM sent.

Sam

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sale is pending
will post if it falls through

-r

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is it a done deal? I apologize for not responding to your private message, I just saw it!

I do not seem to be receiving notifications.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sold sold sold

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.