Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys i am a long time lurker here, finally signed up to sell my insight.
I've only owned it for about less than 2 years, but recently my IMA battery stop recharging. I went to Autozone and they said i need new Hybrid battery, I really don't want to spend thousands on one, When i can easily get a civic or used accord for that money.

2002 Honda Insight
Color: Dark Blue
Clean Title
Manual Transmission
Miles: 128K
Brand New 12V Battery bought in October
Bridgestone Potenza RE92 Tires, Back tires are newer than front tires
Hyrbid Automotive Grid Charger in the Back
Pioneer Stereo CD Player
I have the Side Skirt Fenders for the back tires, I didnt tighten them fully when getting new tires and i lost some screws so i took them off.
Original Car Manual Included, Key FOB and 2 Keys.

Honestly i love this car, its so good on gas I only wish it had back seats.
I originally bought it at 108k miles and it was working perfectly, the guy who sold it to me said he had recently replaced the IMA battery so it would be good for years to come. I can't really stomach the price for a new battery, its probably my fault because i never used the grid charger until my battery stopped regenerating, since i didnt think i needed it.
I dont know about rebuilding batteries or have anyone to help me with this kind of car, so i know its probably going to cost me a lot to have someone work on it.
If i left anything out please leave a comment, will try to update ad with any relevant information.
Located in Salem, Oregon.
Asking 4500, Cash, Cashiers Check or Crypto :p Only

Thank You

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would disconnect the negative battery cable for 30 seconds then start car and idle for 6 minutes.After that charge that hybrid battery for 30 hours.get a discharger and do it again.
Good Luck,Kevin

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Hey, you have the rare hatch-area floor mat!

Nice looking car...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would disconnect the negative battery cable for 30 seconds then start car and idle for 6 minutes.After that charge that hybrid battery for 30 hours.get a discharger and do it again.
Good Luck,Kevin
I will try that shortly, whats the easiest way to discharge?
I Found these listings on ebay, but are they easy to install?
Item Numbers:
332194365041 - Discharger
331612768231 - Vehicle Harness

Do I need both? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
You will get a better response if you do a "link" to the charger and discharger.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yep, Hybrid Automotive would help you out, call Jeff. And check out his website on how to discharge.It will be tough to sell a Insight at a good sellers price with a IMA light on.Its worth your time to do this easy fix.Ebay has brought some good sale numbers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What happened to the rear wheel covers?
Long story i bought new re92s online and had a local shop put the new tires on, they didnt tighten the bolts correctly and they kinda popped off from the front bolts but the back bolts held, but it kinda bent where the screw holds on to. I just took them off to fix later, you know how that goes.

Update: It has continued to work great, the IMA is still not recharging. I dont know how to install a discharger i rather just sell and get something less complicated. I continue to use it as a daily driver, i change gears early and drive slowly as to not trigger the IMA, works great so far. Just not as much power uphills like when my IMA was working...
Price Reduced 4200

1 - 12 of 12 Posts