·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale: 2005 Silverstone CVT

For Sale: 2005 Honda Insight (1st gen)
Color: Silverstone (No. NH-630M)
Mileage: 149k

This car was my only/primary vehicle for six and half years. I am the second owner, having purchased it as a Honda Certified Used Car in 2007. I averaged 53.8 miles per gallon without trying to be conservative. (I'm definitely not an aggressive driver.) The car now has about 148,500 miles on it, which is roughly 100,000 miles more than it had when I bought it. In August of 2012 I had new tires put on, and all of the scheduled maintenance has been done by Honda dealerships.

Battery: I haven't had any issues with the battery pack. I twice had issues with the small 12 V starter battery (three years apart), but in each case the battery had just run its course and needed to be replaced. The latest replacement was last month, so the starter battery is brand new.

Maintenance: Again, all of the scheduled maintenance has been done by Honda dealerships. And you can tell by the mileage that it's coming due for its 150k service. I took it to the dealer shop in April to inquire about the shifter, which is lately stiff/hard to move. This happened once in the past and they solved it by lubricating the shifter cable. It hasn't been my primary car for a few months, so I think it tends to stiffen if it's not used frequently. This time they told me that the shifter cable needs to be replaced, but I'm dubious.

Cosmetics: The car is in good shape overall. There are a few minor exterior blemishes. There's a 1.5 in long scratch on the passenger side door, and one dime-sized scratch/dent on the right rear panel. I had a repair quoted last year at roughly $700, which was far more than I wanted to pay to repair these hard-to-see blemishes that aren't affecting the integrity of the body. You can see the passenger-side blemishes in the fourth attached photo.

Extras: It has Honda floormats with the stitched Insight logo (new in 2007), although at this point the driver mat could stand to be replaced. In 2012 I purchased and fitted a Saris Solo bike rack for it (photos attached), which would convey with the car. Also, it has a great sound system. I think the previous owner upgraded the speakers and added speakers to the two factory bays behind the seats. It's also iPod-ready, thanks to an aftermarket audio module that I added behind the console. The iPod cable runs into the glove box (so the iPod can be kept out of sight), and the module interfaces with the radio to allow skip, scan, and volume control through the car radio.

I am offering it for $3,200.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Refreshed Offer

This for sale post has been refreshed (on 7/27) with new details and a new offer price. The offer and post will be taken down by the end of August if it is not sold.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am interested in the car. Do you have any more pictures showing the interior? Thanks, Scott Godwin. I owned a 2001 till I sold it to go carless.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Great price for newer model, even with CVT! Especially if no battery issues.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Unless your previous price was a whole lot more, I'm surprised it hasn't sold by now. Is the CVT OK? I'd be tempted if I didn't have a late model VW for sale. Care to use it as a trade-in?:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts