Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine, just sharing in case you are looking to upgrade your seats.
Excellent deal on eBay: $180 for a pair of nice looking CR-Z seats in Massachusetts.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/322941411218

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
I like the looks of these seats but my MY2000 seats fit my back perfectly. For someone who drives 30k + miles a year I'd be afraid to get such nice seats and have them not as comfortable as my original.

·
Premium Member
9,864 Posts
Bottom line.
Different body shapes require different seats.

Willie

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
How close are the frame rails? Extensive modification still necessary?
Yes and no.

IIRC you mount one rear through the stock floor hole. There other rear you re-drill the seat hole.

The front requires a piece of steel bar stock drilled and bolted into the stock holes with a pair of studs to screw down the seat sucking up from it.

One annoyance is the seat belt mount needs to be tacked in.

Hey, just found Pete's thread:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-issues/70297-my-honda-crz-seat-install.html

So, some hacking, but all on the crz seats or bar stock. Completely reversible to the car.

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good for you Ecky!! It was a great deal for the pair.
I just saw your post about your install also.
Let us know what you think of the seats.
Coincidently, I just got mine back from Bob, and have them in the 3rd car now. I still love the extra height, firmness, support, and comfort of mine.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Good for you Ecky!! It was a great deal for the pair.
I just saw your post about your install also.
Let us know what you think of the seats.
Coincidently, I just got mine back from Bob, and have them in the 3rd car now. I still love the extra height, firmness, support, and comfort of mine.
They're definitely firm, and I had idealized a softer, plusher seat. They're also larger and make fishing the seatbelt out a bit tricky sometimes since there's a lot less space between seat and door panel. I'm small and the larger/wider proportions don't help me. However, whatever difference in shape they have, they're far better for my back. I ditched my seat cushions and haven't had any back aches since.

I was very surprised by how heavy they were - probably twice as heavy, if not more than the Insight's, even after I removed all of the extra wiring and airbags from them.

I think they'd be nearly perfect for me if they were scaled down 10-20%, but I'm also 5'6" and 120lbs on a good day. As is, they're a great upgrade and make sitting in the car for extended periods much more comfortable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts