Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gen1, 5-spd manual transmission

Original owner, asking $4000 obo. As much as I liked driving this car, getting in and out of the low seats gets harder as one gets older!

The Good:
93,803 miles: used mainly for 15 minute daily commute, with longer trips in state of California.
Honda 5-CD changer.
New rear hatch stays installed in 2018
New lead-acid battery 2019
Hood, front fenders and roof repainted in 2016 to repair paint weathering
Runs fine, passed 2020 California smog test

The Bad:
IMA battery replaced in 2016 but expected life is unknown because it has not been driven regularly the past 3 years (it has been idled every week).

Tires were purchased in 2015 and have plenty of tread but sidewalls are cracking

Rear hatch opens manually with key but not with fob. This may be due to the latch adjustment (I asked the Honda dealer to look at it but it was not fixed.)

Interior has original Honda mats with normal wear & tear, fading. Driver's seat has hole (2-in x 1-in) worn in fabric.

JPEG image.jpeg JPEG image 2.jpeg JPEG image 4.jpeg JPEG image 5.jpeg JPEG image 5.jpeg JPEG image 6.jpeg JPEG image 7.jpeg JPEG image 8.jpeg

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Always encouraged to see cars in such great shape with good mileage. GLWS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Jeff. It is not unusual to see Insights on the road here, so I am not sure what the level of interest is locally for another one. I would like to see it go to someone in the Insight community, though.

·
Premium Member
2005 G1 NFR 5spd
341 Posts
Buy one of these from Walmart. Com to hep getting in and out of your Insight
20210326_195115.jpg
20210326_195351.jpg
20210326_195432.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably sold
This car has not been sold but I am in discussions with an interested party here in California. Since they are not local, I need to replace the tires (probably will have that done this coming week). I will post any change in status. Thank you for your interest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gen1, 5-spd manual transmission

Original owner, asking $4000 obo. As much as I liked driving this car, getting in and out of the low seats gets harder as one gets older!

The Good:
93,803 miles: used mainly for 15 minute daily commute, with longer trips in state of California.
Honda 5-CD changer.
New rear hatch stays installed in 2018
New lead-acid battery 2019
Hood, front fenders and roof repainted in 2016 to repair paint weathering
Runs fine, passed 2020 California smog test

The Bad:
IMA battery replaced in 2016 but expected life is unknown because it has not been driven regularly the past 3 years (it has been idled every week).

Tires were purchased in 2015 and have plenty of tread but sidewalls are cracking

Rear hatch opens manually with key but not with fob. This may be due to the latch adjustment (I asked the Honda dealer to look at it but it was not fixed.)

Interior has original Honda mats with normal wear & tear, fading. Driver's seat has hole (2-in x 1-in) worn in fabric.

View attachment 89146 View attachment 89147 View attachment 89149 View attachment 89150 View attachment 89151 View attachment 89152 View attachment 89153 View attachment 89154
I would be interested in purchasing, live in the SF Bay area & wouldn't need new tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe I typed a reply in the wrong section.
But I would be interested in the car, live in the SF Bay area & wouldn't need new tires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was able to sell the car today to a local buyer. Thanks again to everyone who expressed interest, and thanks to the forum for connecting me to the Insight community.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts