Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Off Market: '02 Silver CVT

EDIT: Based on the very helpful comments of several forum members and my own research, I have decided to take this car off the market for the moment. I will likely post a new ad in the near future with a decent set of images and a higher asking price. I don't want to sell myself short or be the market value-killer for my fellow Insighters. Thanks for your interest!

·
3,641 Posts
Thank you for the thorough description.
Nice car and Great price.
It should not last long.
Good luck with sale.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Usually I think people are asking too much for these cars. Selfishly, I think you are asking too little! I hope to clear $3000 for my car in a year or two.

Good luck with the sale, it won't last long!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Insight Pricing

Dear Fuelish:

Thanks for your comments. I posted what was essentially the same ad on this forum back in January with an asking price of $2000 and got a grand total of one response. That person expressed interest, but then dropped off the face of the planet. I was quite surprised at the lack of interest then, given that it is a clean car with no accidents and what I thought was a very reasonable price.

This is not a fire sale and I am not in a huge rush, but I would like to stop paying insurance premiums on a car that I no longer need. The $250 price reduction seems to be making a big difference in the level of interest.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Dear Fuelish:

Thanks for your comments. I posted what was essentially the same ad on this forum back in January with an asking price of $2000 and got a grand total of one response. That person expressed interest, but then dropped off the face of the planet. I was quite surprised at the lack of interest then, given that it is a clean car with no accidents and what I thought was a very reasonable price.

This is not a fire sale and I am not in a huge rush, but I would like to stop paying insurance premiums on a car that I no longer need. The $250 price reduction seems to be making a big difference in the level of interest.

Cheers!
It's been my experience that more photos are always better than fewer. Helps with the price if the buyer can see the engine, suspension and interior in detail.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's been my experience that more photos are always better than fewer. Helps with the price if the buyer can see the engine, suspension and interior in detail.
That's true. Pelimanni, go look up one of Atikovi's listings (here and on feebay). He posts dozens of pictures of everything from every angle and seems to always get better-than-market prices. His listings are excellent. (Of course, the prep work he does on the cars is excellent too.)

·
3,641 Posts
I don't know if people are paying more for (or because of) pictures. I think it's just that long distance buyers are much more comfortable with Ati's cars because they see more of it.
It also helps to have superb reputation (eBay and IC), and the fact that with Ati you are getting a car with all maintenance up to date and documented.
A local buyer who is able to visit the car probably won't care about 160 pics. Someone buying from the opposite coast will.
With the Insight being a niche market car (hybrid, old, special looking, two seater etc) it is best to cast a wider net.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This sounds like a steal to me. Someone should pick it up pretty quick. For those that are thinking that the Lifetime Mileage is a bit low....you've never driven in Long Island!!! GLWS.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
It's a bargain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts