Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm trying to install a hidden kill switch that would cut the circuit of the fuel pump power supply. I don't want the modification to be visible so the wire surgery should take place behind the fuse in the circuit. I'd already attached a wire to the switch so I can put it anywhere afterwards. So far I couldn't find the info as to:
1. exactly which (color) wire is behind fuse 20 under the dashboard that I'd need to cut to insert the switch wiring
2. what route the supply wire takes to the back where the fuel tank is located.

Can anyone help me out on this one?
thanks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Fuse No. 20 is responsible for:
  • fuel pump
  • Immobilizer
  • PCM
To lose an immobilizer and some of the functions of the PCM is a bad idea.

In addition, Honda's immobilizer is a wonderful thing. To steal a car with a chip in the key takes more time and effort.
Moreover, there are not so many hybrid Honda in your region. A hijacker will not attract attention with a rare car, unless of course it is worth more than his life earnings.

However, if you still want to do this, then it's better to interrupt the circuit in:
  • Relay №2
  • Fuel pump connector
  • G602-point to body ground (the easiest to execute)

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response.
Since then I've done it. I just removed the rear seat cushion and cut the power supply to the fuel pump (orange wire). I soldered a double wire to the cut and a 15A switch to the other end of the wire. It works perfectly, and I haven't lost any other functionality.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When the switch is on, it operates as if nothing was changed.
If the switch is off, it will start the engine but choke in a few seconds as the small amount of fuel in the pipes is used up. The engine will never keep running until the switch is turned on. After that, everything returns to normal again.
There is no warning or error sign on the dashboard throughout the entire process.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts