Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hasarad,

You and I are both on Fuelly and - in fact - I sent you an email as well as a friend request on there yesterday. We both are doing really well compared to the other 19 vehicles (2019 Insights).

Sincerely,
Michael

"Aesthetically Insightful"

·
Registered
605 Posts
Is anyone else on Fuelly? Would like to follow your stats!

Me = Simcoe (Honda Insight) | Fuelly
I'm currently driving "Serenity". A '15 Civic Hybrid which uses a drivetrain similar to the 2nd gen Insight. Will check out yours and other 3rd gen stats right now.

BTW
REALLY impressive mpg in that thumbnail !! WOW!!
We should have a tbread dealing with how-to driving tips for getting those above EPA mpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you report the LED readout or do you report by taking the gallons used to top of the tank divided by miles driven or both?

If both - how accurate is the LED readout - I heard it is +/- 10% - is it really that inaccurate?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Do you report the LED readout or do you report by taking the gallons used to top of the tank divided by miles driven or both?

If both - how accurate is the LED readout - I heard it is +/- 10% - is it really that inaccurate?
Other posts on this forum indicate LED read outs are 0.5 to 1.5 mpg lower than gas pump #gallons calaculations.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The on-board mpg indicator is fairly accurate. The issue is that, since we put so little fuel in at each fill-up, there is always a small variance depending on when the pump clicks off. After over 10,000 miles, I am within a couple tenths of a mpg difference between indicated and actual. I'd consider that to be accurate for the on-board indicator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts