Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys,
Was wondering if it's possible (well, I know it IS because I'm doing it) to drive without #16 fuse plugged in? Everything seems to be working fine, IMA battery is charging when I coast or brake, and car is running. But I'm curious, does anyone know if I'm doing damage, or losing the use of something, or just being down right ignorant for doing it??:geek::unsure:

·
Premium Member
10,332 Posts
So why are you doing that.?
Is it the #16 in the engine compartment?.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Morning Willie,
Yes, #16 in engine. No reason. I pulled it so I could reset my IMA battery. I forgot to put it back in, and have been driving for a week like that! Everything SEEMS to work, and everything SEEMS to be charging correctly?!?!?! So, I'm wondering what damage, if any, I'm did or could possibly do?

·
Premium Member
10,332 Posts
Are you actually geting ASSIST and REGEN, that you can actually feel.
I assume the gauge is showing assist and regen, and a battery gauge that goes up and down from full to near empty..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Willie,
Yes, I can see the lights on both assist and regen, and I can feel it when I brake or let off the gas. The battery gauge has only gone down a few ticks, then will build back on the long hill by my house. The battery is only about 2 years old.
I really don't get it. The only lights not on, are on my gearshift, and I think those were already out. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
As far as I know:
What you're describing shouldn't be possible. You should have a ton of stuff that's not working. The underhood #16 fuse supplies power to a bunch of underdash fuses (I count 7), so none of that stuff should work. The underhood #16 itself is called "Back up/ACC," the "back up" part means something like 'backup power', which means something like power when the key's off and out of the ignition. Usually if you pull that fuse you'll lose state of charge info and then when you first key-on next time the BCM will have to do a state of charge determination (BAT gauge will be empty). The "ACC" part means accessories...

Are you sure you've pulled the #16 fuse? Maybe you pulled one of the other single-item fuses, like rear defroster...

·
Premium Member
10,332 Posts
The IMA fuse is like 30-40A type. (Big square thing) Not the same as under the dash.
I agree with eq1.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys,
Let me check. It is the big fuse with the pink pull out clip in the middle of the fuse. I always pull that clip out when I am resetting my IMA battery gauge. Let me google it and see if that is correct, I just figured it was fuse #16...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, Willie and eq1,
You are correct. I don't know why I said fuse #16, it is fuse #1, in the engine compartment. Very top left, with the clip in it. 50 amp. I left it unplugged and everything is working? Should this be possible? Am I losing function of something? Doing any damage?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hogs....dang it...……..jime and I had a nervous breakdown getting your
car running, and now you are fiddling with it again. 😀 LOL... nah just saying
hello. get r done !

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hogs....dang it...……..jime and I had a nervous breakdown getting your
car running, and now you are fiddling with it again.

Haha! I know, 10-A-SEE-ME, I'm a computer tech by trade and we can't leave well enough alone! Car is running fine, I just was doing a little 'check engine' maintenance. Hello, and go Hogs!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Ok, Willie and eq1, You are correct. I don't know why I said fuse #16, it is fuse #1, in the engine compartment. Very top left, with the clip in it. 50 amp. I left it unplugged and everything is working? Should this be possible? Am I losing function of something? Doing any damage?
The electrical troubleshooting manual says #1 is for the ignition switch. So If that's pulled I don't see how anything requiring the ignition switch to be turned ON, to any of the positions, would be working...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks eq1,
It's a mystery I guess! I've plugged it back in, and nothing has changed. As 10-A-SEE-ME alluded to, I had some issues in the past. Ok, I guess I'm satisfied with it, I'll just move on! Thanks for the help eq1 and Willie!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts