Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger window stopped working immediately after a car wash. I suspect it blew a fuse but I am baffled by the interior fuse box. I removed the small compartment in front of it but I can't figure out how to get the lid of the fuse box off and I don't want to break anything. Is there a trick to it or I am just being too cautious? Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had to change an internal fuse for the first time last week, and I too was baffled by the fuse box, especially after reading the manual.

Firstly, you don't really need to remove the small storage compartment, this doesn't really help.

The best way to get to the internal fusebox is to get into your car upside down so that your head is down in the drivers footwell, then look up and underneath towards the outside panel. It's very difficult to get to and you may need a torch.

On the right hand side of the fuse box there is the small white tool for fuse grabbing - essential if you want to remove any fuses.

The rest of the job needs very small hands.

Enjoy the headrush!

S;p

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Space Panda said:
It's very difficult to get to and you may need a torch.
For translation purposes: torch = flashlight ;)

JoeCVT - Just your average CVT owner

·
Registered
76 Posts
Isn't there a switch that disables the passenger side operation? Did you check that? That got me several years ago !

:oops:

Mitch

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good grief

Okay, I feel a little stupid .... but grateful for the remiinder. I forgot that the disable switch cuts off the driver's control of the passenger window (as well as the passenger's control). Here's hoping I remember the next time I accidentally flip the disable switch.

Thanks.

·
Registered
702 Posts
greenhill said:
Where is the disable switch located? I think mine was inadvertently switched.
Thanks
directly above the driver's window controls, its labeled "main"(i believe)

hth!

·
Registered
946 Posts
I had the same problem. It was caused by the stupid pillar clip leaking. Water was dropping directly in the door connector under dash. I juste unplug the door connector, shoot contact cleaner, and it fix the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts