Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
respect the site's bandwidth. pls post links not pics

Respect the site's bandwidth. Please post links not pictures.

Remember several months ago when the sight was shut down? Let's not go there again. :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: respect the site's bandwidth. pls post links not pics

mjrogers said:
Respect the site's bandwidth. Please post links not pictures.

Remember several months ago when the sight was shut down? Let's not go there again. :wink:
Sorry about that - the image is larger than what the rules at the top of the page state. It will be removed.

But the image is not wasting the website's bandwidth. It might be wasting your bandwidth and might take you a while to load, but because the image is hosted on Honda's servers, everytime you see the image, it's using Honda's bandwidth.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Bandwidth aside...

I love the new seat design. I'd prefer it if Honda would provide MORE OPTIONS. The Japanese market has tons of options for the Insight.

Granted the beige interior is a welcome addition, but from experence it tends to show dirt quicker. I'd like to see leather tan or red interior like in the S2000. That would be nice. Or how about the interior colors they offer on the Civic SI.

It's good to know Honda is taking an interest in refreshing the Insight appearence.

Wonder if anyone would retro fit the new interior color into an older Insight. Wouldn't be too hard to do. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anyone with an insight in stalled leather in the car, yet? I think it would look good - Also, if you did that, you'd be able to install new seats if you wanted (since the leather woudl match).

Hmmm, things to think about :p

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Leather seats in an Insight were discussed a while back.
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... ight=#1082
Unfortunately the link for the picture of the seats is gone. Clayton lives locally to me. I even got a ride in the leather seated car several times before it was in a wreck. He did a very nice job and it looked very good too. I believe some of the leather seat companies make kits for the Insight, but they wouldn't compare to what he did. I'm half way tempted as my drivers seat is getting very badly worn at 22K miles already.

However (I'm probably going to offend some people by saying this), you have to consider that your extremem environmentalists (Hippies) buy the Insight, if there was a stitch of animal product in that car they wouldn't. Thats the reasoning for it. They even told me that at the dealership. But then again if you look at the euro civic hybrid it comes with only leather interior I think.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I don't quite follow the reasoning - "extreme environmentalists" would prefer an interior made from non-renewable, petrochemical-derived synthetic fabrics to natural, renewable leather?

I think you have them confused with animal rights extremists, though even they don't seem to object too strenuously to leather - at least when it's on the back of a biker :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I found some leather seats online at http://www.katzkin.com (i think) and they look pretty cool. The set for the insight is $778 US and it is entirely Leather, sides back, seating suface, everything. The kit includes the two seats and leather to cover the door cards.

anybody else have any good sights?

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Plane Job: thanks for the tip about the leather seats. I want to do mine but not right away. Let us know if you do it.

Rick: Regarding the use of leather. One of my neighbors raises beef cattle. Since the animals get slaughtered for food regardless, it is honorable and environmentally concious to use their hides for leather.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Haha, thats a good one. I think I might have to use that if it ever comes up again. My friend Clayton who did the origonal leather in his Insight told me that he was flamed for weeks after posting his leather pictures on the yahoo group. Honestly, right now I've got some money allocated for my Insight, it's probalby going to be going in to purchasing the extended warranty, but the idea of leather is also very nice considering how much wear my seats are getting. Who knows, I can't make up my mind.

Too bad you didn't get an Insight way earlier. Back when Clayton actually had the patterns all made out and was offering to sell leather kits to people for pretty much his cost. If I recall it was around 700 800 bucks, but it was all top grade hides custom died the works. If you saw the seats that were in his car in person you'd understand. It was not a half rate job, he did it right. Now I'd like to see someone with a citrus Insight do Citrus leather in the fashion of the japanese citrus cloth seats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts