Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just acquired a pristine 2001 Silverstone Metallic EX Insight with only 43K miles. Only problem is the belly pan is missing. Watched a presentation on UTube by Scott who features a complete belly pan kit. How do I find this person?

·
Super Moderator
5,018 Posts
Show up at InsightFest this weekend or call him at 909-605-3810.

Sam

·
Registered
860 Posts
The current price for a panel shippped with hardware is $120.00 USD. This price is for USPS Priority shipping to a US address. Shipped to Canada UPS is $145.00. Other shipping to other international addresses is available however is by quote.

If you would like to see the panel and installation please see my YouTube Video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=207s&v=UY6hysqBB4g

When ordering please include the type of transmission MT or CVT. Be sure to include your shipping info in the PayPal instructions.

My PayPal address is: [email protected]

https://www.insightcentral.net/forums/buy-sell-insight-related-items/44865-1gen-insight-aluminum-belly-panel-56.html#post1381001

Or you can just send $120 to the above paypal address.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Still doing your wonderful belly panel kits?

Hi Scott,

I hope you are still doing those kits. I managed to get my Hurricane Insight (blue, 2001, manual trans, 190K miles at 66mpg lifetime) hung up on a high parking barrier. I trained to be a poll worker, and got lost at night while I was driving to my assigned polling place. It was dark and I just got a bit tired and panicked, and didn't watch where I was going. Ripped up the front of the belly pan, but didn't damage anything else.

She's sitting, looking sad, though I am charging her pack to keep it from deteriorating. I'm in Patterson, CA near Modesto, on Highway 5

Hope you had a good holiday,

Clare

·
Super Moderator
1,735 Posts
Good evening,

I’m still producing the belly panels.

I’m working on a batch now and will be shipping some in the next few days.

If you would like to order the current price is $120.00 shipped with hardware. I also stock Fumoto oil drain valves, they are $30.00 and ship with the panel in the same box.

My PayPal is: [email protected]

If you you order please include the following information in the PayPal instructions:
1. Transmission type, MT or CVT

2. Shipping address

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
2003 Honda Insight CVT
8 Posts
Belly Pan

I just installed my belly pan from Scott. Extremely well made and easy to install. No modification required it mounts directly up wit the original setup. I got the hardware kit and that made things even easier to use the fresh bolts.

I also got the circuit board/button exchange for the dash buttons (mine had failed). Following his video made it very easy to exchange the circuit board/buttons. Be careful pulling the dash cover like he says. I got a set of trim removal tools from Amazon and that really helps.

I also got the Fumoto valve from Scott, that will go on during the next oil change.

Scott's work is perfect. Wish I had done this earlier.

Thank you Scott. Appreciate it all.

Ted

·
Registered
3 Posts
Little late to the party but was wondering if Scott is still producing the belly pants I just picked up a silver 2000 Honda insight pretty low miles and it is missing the belly pan as well

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just acquired a pristine 2001 Silverstone Metallic EX Insight with only 43K miles. Only problem is the belly pan is missing. Watched a presentation on UTube by Scott who features a complete belly pan kit. How do I find this person?
What a coincidence!! My Silver 2001 has 45,000 miles. Try this link: www.Killer3cylinder.com. This is an oputstanding product.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have no idea what to ask or how to sell it. I paid whaaayy too much for it......$7,500! Perfect shape inside and out. I was looking for a project of some sort as I'm retired. So there's this virus out there. And I'm seventy-two and a retired orthopedic surgery technology rep. Now there's this huge logjam of elective surgeries [hip, knee, shoulder replacements, etc.] all across America. And the baby boomer exponential demand and now I'm being recruited back into service, almost like being drafted! No end to the demand. So I'll probably keep the Insight. I'll just wear my suit when I drive it. Then if I were to pop off some day while I'm in it, then I'll be a shovel ready case. Make a nice coffin, don't you think?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,944 Posts
Make a nice coffin, don't you think?
Why not :)

Donna Mae Mimms, Miss Pink, and a sports car racing champion of the late fifties, was laid out in her Corvette.

Another racing friend, was buried in her Nomex racing suit. Both seemed incredibly appropriate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts