1,918 Posts
Ohhhhh I'm excited!!! Heck yea.

Reactions: Crimpcap

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
QTY6 beta kits ready to ship:
I'm working on the assembly videos now.
Jonesing for the limited release group next...me me me :).

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I'm willing to be an extreme use case beta if you want to have a beta test for that. I'm getting sick of even brand new nimh. Even in 66 degree partly cloudy weather in the Colorado mountains it has massive shortcomings on heat management. I have an upgraded fan and the c&c turns it on 100% continuously it will sit at 108 or above with very sparing usage and if I try to go from 70soc to 30 it will spike to 127 and cut power massively. This is in below room temperature weather. It makes the ima pretty useless for trying to get better mpg in the mountains if the heat limits regen to 14 amps so it won't recharge going down

·
Linsight Designer
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
In regards to the multiple requests I've received to purchase LiBCM:
Right now I'm not accepting orders for LiBCM, as it's still an unreleased product. When LiBCM is offered for sale (not prior to August), I will ship units on a first-paid basis.
At present, our beta testers are getting their hardware over the next few days (pending USPS delivery). Once they receive their hardware, I'll incorporate their feedback into the final product. I also have a TON of firmware to write prior to general release.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
In regards to the multiple requests I've received to purchase LiBCM:
Right now I'm not accepting orders for LiBCM, as it's still an unreleased product. When LiBCM is offered for sale (not prior to August), I will ship units on a first-paid basis.
At present, our beta testers are getting their hardware over the next few days (pending USPS delivery). Once they receive their hardware, I'll incorporate their feedback into the final product. I also have a TON of firmware to write prior to general release.
Lol. It'll be like a black Friday sale with us all refreshing a page trying to enter payment info as servers crash and ALBs spin up more instances :)

Reactions: bbcb

·
Linsight Designer
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #486 ·
Lol. It'll be like a black Friday sale with us all refreshing a page trying to enter payment info as servers crash and ALBs spin up more instances :)
As much as I want this to be true, I doubt more than ten people purchase LiBCM in the first 24 hours. We'll see ;).

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,469 Posts
Wait till the price is posted. How many will be IN?

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
As much as I want this to be true, I doubt more than ten people purchase LiBCM in the first 24 hours. We'll see ;).
I'm on board as well, I need a battery for my manual car I just bought so either way, I gotta spend the money. Might as well go lithium.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Wait till the price is posted. How many will be IN?
I'm hooked on my toys habit. I'm in for pretty much whatever and would Toad it to Chattanooga behind the RV to install with John :). Then go visit kinfolk in Georgia.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I'm definitely in, just more of a matter of wanting 54s at minimum before I'm ready to pull the trigger. Big part being that 12s availability seems pretty tight and Eli ordered all 18s. I'm relatively price insensitive. I was going to throw $5k at LHT to have then turbo my car but they wont even answer either of my emails and dont take calls or voicemails so...

I'd say for sure more than 10 will, a lot of people have wanted this a long time. It's more horsepower, more efficiency and about the same money as a nimh with longer life expectancy, if you build it, they will come

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I'm with hondarider90. I'm ready to buy as soon as possible, but my batteries are all 18s modules.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Has anyone compiled all of this info for people who don't have time to read 25+ pages including engineering talk? Does anyone plan to? I might be interested and I can solder and do some wiring, but I'd need the conversion to be straightforward with instructions. It's taken a while to decipher with the way people throw acronyms around on this forum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone compiled all of this info for people who don't have time to read 25+ pages including engineering talk? Does anyone plan to? I might be interested and I can solder and do some wiring, but I'd need the conversion to be straightforward with instructions. It's taken a while to decipher with the way people throw acronyms around on this forum.
This thread is a development log more than anything at the moment. The first few beta kits were only just finished and have yet to be installed. Post #484 above is a good summary of the current timeline. Mudder, the person working to develop and produce these kits, is also working on creating instructional materials to aid in installing them. I suspect once the full production kits are ready there will be a new thread created with that information along with ordering info.

·
Registered
2000 Insight 5MT
25 Posts
Just chiming in to say how excited I am about this. I'll be ordering as soon as these are available. Let me know if you need any further testing; I have an '00 manual sitting around with no battery in it because my wife refuses to drive it without assist.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Reading all of the posts has been an education in itself and well worth the time invested. I just put a new battery in mine (Thanks Eli!), just so I can get used to OBDIIC&C/IMAC&C and the diagnostics these give, as well as another pack and new cells to play with for some +40% fun. Hope to be fairly skilled by the time this is released.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Just chiming in to say how excited I am about this. I'll be ordering as soon as these are available. Let me know if you need any further testing; I have an '00 manual sitting around with no battery in it because my wife refuses to drive it without assist.
Great to see you on here!

·
Linsight Designer
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #499 · (Edited)
Has anyone compiled all of this info for people who don't have time to read 25+ pages including engineering talk? Does anyone plan to?
This thread is an engineering pre-release brainstorming session, shared with the world because I like doing that.

When LiBCM is ready for general release:
-I will post a new thread titled "Introducing LiBCM: A lithium battery replacement for G1 Honda Insights". When you see this thread, that will indicate that LiBCM is a released product, ready for general consumption.

-I will post the link to a website with step-by-step assembly instructions and videos. This website already exists and is available to our beta testers. If you happen to find it yourself, please do not post it here (yet). I plan to re-shoot the videos with better camera/audio equipment.

-This same website will include an FAQ, purchase info, etc... it will contain everything needed for skilled installers to install LiBCM into their vehicles.

-Eventually Bumblebee Batteries will sell a true drop-in, plug-and-play replacement. Initially, it will take ~2 hours to perform the conversion yourself. Those who have zero experience with the IMA electronics should probably wait for the Bumblebee LiBCM modules.

I am just getting back from a family vacation to Madison. So far it sounds like two of our beta testers have received their kits, but no installation has occurred, which is fine by me. I have received some "out-of-box experience" (OOB) feedback, which is worth its weight in gold...

I'm just sitting down to bang out the final firmware architecture pseudocode.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
It would be cool if when bumblebee does their drop ins if they offer a battery trade in for people with current bumblebee batteries.

481 - 500 of 567 Posts