Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For example, OEM EGR valve flange and plunger with actuator and electronics from an accord or odyssey?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
For example, OEM EGR valve flange and plunger with actuator and electronics from an accord or odyssey?
Why bother?

So far it seems that any EGR valve that looks like the Insight one will work. The shape of the port where the actual valve is doesn't matter since the EGR plate has 3 small diameter restrictions which limit the exhaust flow through each intake passage.

IIRC my EGR valve is an after market valve for a 1991 V-6 Accord. I just bolted it on and plugged in the connector. The electrical socket on the valve is turned a few degrees CCW towards the pipes nearby which causes the harness connector to touch the pipes.

·
Super Moderator
1,797 Posts
The after market one the we have researched and used that has the large ports is: WVE 4F1006

Check RockAuto, their price seems pretty reasonable.

Scott

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're looking for Dorman 911-756 it has the rectangular opening like the Insight.
Nope, that one caused severe bucking for me. Im currently using a 2000 iirc honda accord valve.

I know what people normally do, bolt up whatever valve fits, and their car magically works, but stuff isnt that simple for me.

Odyssey valve port size (apparently doesnt matter) is less than half insights, caused bucking for me. 2000 accord egr valve is much closer to the OEM insight port size, no bucking.

Im going to try a OEM insight valve, but Im not sure if it will work, as it is used. Which leads me to make this thread, since I might have to put the top cylinder part of stuff from my working 2000 accord egr valve, onto the OEM port/flange. Since Im not sure if thats even possible, Im asking if anyone has done that.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Insight CVT
49 Posts
I have a 2003 CVT, at Rock Auto it has the WVE 4F1368 listed for $180. It looks like the WVE 4F1006 which is only $41. Are they interchangable?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
WVE 4F1368
I don't see that part number on Rock Auto's website now. But I have seen EGR valves that look like the Insight one for ~$45 on other sites.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts