Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
My imported insight had 48k on it and was way cheaper than that, I know of two that are for sale with similar mileage [30k ish] for 5 grand Arnt we lucky that Japan drives on the left like us :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
So what should it fetch? KBB with lie Mike excellent condition is $3500. I get it's a unicorn and all. Even from a dealer with the low mileage is only $4K. Even at $5K would seem like a good price for the seller. I talked to my wife about it -- she guess that's an 18 year old car! LOL I tried to contact the seller -- I'll see what he has to say

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
BTW,vm looking for a low mileage G1 and would pay a premium for one in rely good shape (not crazy money though!)
Here is a low mileage one (not mine) on CarGurus:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c2113&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c3862&distance=50000&zip=37128&utm_term=2018-11-25&utm_campaign=1-1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=dealfinderSubscription&utm_content=listingSampleListingsViewDetailsCTA#listing=225239997

Dealer's Price: $8,990
Mileage: 23,338 miles
Transmission: Automatic
Exterior Color: Silver
Interior Color: Gray
Gas Mileage:
45 MPG City
49 MPG Highway
Engine: I3 Hybrid
Drivetrain: Front-Wheel Drive
VIN: JHMZE14784T000465
Stock #: XRD112423C

·
Registered
9 Posts
8.5K is what I paid for my 2011 Chevy Volt 3LT. I love my insight, and I drove a 2-owner extensively documented 62k mi one once so I know what a tight one feels like, but at 8K that's a HAAAAAAAAAAAAARD pass from me, especially in "Lexus Blah Series Silver."

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
BTW,vm looking for a low mileage G1 and would pay a premium for one in rely good shape (not crazy money though!)
A customer of mine has a nice one in the $5,500 range.
I can't remmebr exact details. But it is nice. Under 100,00 if I remember.

Email me directly and I'll send you the details once I refresh my memory. I'll be going past the car next week. Maybe I can get some pics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hard, when I paid $4400 for my Mazda 3 hatchback with 44K miles! Be hard-pressed to make up the fuel-savings there. I'm willing to go KBB, and I'm willing to pay a premium for low miles but it seems a bit crazy to pay twice the retail for something you are just going to drive the pants off of.

·
Banned
1,333 Posts
Automatic. Ew. Gross. No thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I saw this like-new 2000 Insight on Craigslist. I am not the one selling this, but I just thought I would inform you guys of this insanely rare deal. It is a true gem with only 32K miles and a fresh IMA battery.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/honda-insight-like-new/6755137190.html
Are there any issues with the earlier years vs the latter ones? Anything significant change. What I'm wondering is there a reason, other than just age, to go with a later model verses and earlier one?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts