Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
10,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an interested G2 owner willing to help with testing my CANBUS enabled OBDIIC&C display.

If we get a volunteer we find out if the OBDIIC&C can work on the G2 Insight.
It helps speeds us towards other goals including IMAC&C for the G2..

The volunteer will get a modified OBDIIC&C and pic programmer supplied.
At the end of the testing you can either return the OBDIIC&C kit or keep it in exchange for a much reduced purchase fee. You will also get lifetime free software updates for your trouble.

If you volunteer you must be willing and competent to apply firmware upgrades to the OBDIIC&C and test them in your vehicle, providing feedback via e-mail or the forum as necessary..

Any offers via e-mail (not PM) to me please...

PS Do any on here know of other good active forums for the other IMA Canbus cars..
HCH2? Accord? G2 Insight? CRZ? I'm trying to drum up a few testers for the different models.

One size gadget might fit all.... :)

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Maybe consider cross-posting this at ecomodder and greenhybrid?

Definitely seen a few CRZ and HCH2 owners on those sites.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I am very much interested and willing to help out, if possible.

It may solve one of my largest problem with the buddy pack - the IMA system topping off its battery while I need the voltage to drop to average levels to get some current running in...
Got meters and stuff lying around for a second buddy pack attempt (seeing what voltage and amperes go into the pack) but missed the motivation to go ahead.
This may be it!!

·
Administrator
10,712 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
@retepsnikrep
Hi retepsnikrep,

don't know, how to send E-Mail from here, but if you don't mind sending stuff to Eire, I'm in, too.
I have some experience with OBDII as I've built an OBDII display system into my two previous cars (Hyundai Coupe and Jaguar X-Type) as well. Currently I'm using a Bluetooth ELM with Torque... Would love to have more specific insights into the Insight :)

Oh, JDM 2009 Gen2

·
Administrator
10,712 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Corkonian,
If you click the username in a post one of the options is to send a private message. That would be an appropriate way to give someone your real email address for instance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts