Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Insight
44 Posts
Both of mine are 18S+ modules, but I can pair with the 18S- modules I received from Bumblebee, if the other requirements match. I'll look tomorrow night when I have time. They do fit in the OEM enclosure, and look like they have the same dimensions and mounting studs as the 18S- modules I have.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Insight
44 Posts
You can hook the negative lead up to "C1-" in the pinout image posted in #316. Then as you walk up the stack with the positive lead, you should see an increase of ~3.7 volts for each cell you measure (e.g. C1+ should be ~3.7 volts, C2+ should be ~7.4 volts, C3+ should be ~10.7 volts, etc).
The Blue Energy module measured exactly like this. Started at ~3.7volts on C1+ and ended at ~67.1volts at C18+. I didn't measure the resistors.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Insight
44 Posts
I just hope that everyone who wants to do a lithium upgrade can, so I'm glad I was able to help in some regards. I was heartbroken when I missed the first round of batteries back in February of '21.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Insight
44 Posts
They actually have an affiliate network... basically I get 10% of the sale price if customers enter a keyword (e.g. 'libcm'), and the customer gets a 5% discount. However, I've hesitating doing this, as I don't want to detract from their profit margin.
Since they're selling these batteries for what we consider cheap, you could tell them which will work for your projects and have them increase the price on those by 10%. Sounds like a win win. 10% more is still a steal, may discourage scalping, and the supply should last longer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts