Honda Insight Forum banner
341 - 360 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Probably so, I ordered at the same time but I asked them to delay shipping. My order arrived Friday.

There was so much confusion with my order they canceled the bolted 18s modules that I purchased after running out of stock. They might have ran out of Samsung fomoco but maybe they are expecting more. So in a way this could be good news for those seeking the 47ah option. Hopefully they do get more stock.

·
Linsight Designer
3,927 Posts
FWIW, I received my second order of 47 Ah packs within a week of ordering them (last month). When I spoke with the owner last month, he mentioned they're getting lots of them in right now (something like QTY400). Be patient... there's no rush given that LiBCM doesn't support them yet.

·
Super Moderator
9,520 Posts
It took them a while to ship my one sample pack also, but they eventually did:)

·
Super Moderator
9,520 Posts
Looking for a set of G3 packs for a LiBCM conversion. Not for me but for a good friend here in Richmond.

·
Linsight Designer
3,927 Posts
To anyone thinking "man I wish I had bought EHW5 modules back when they were $400/set":
-Now is the time to buy these 47 Ah 'FoMoCo' modules.
-I am 100% committed to offering a near drop-in 48S FoMoCo LiBCM solution... estimating early winter 2022. That'll be 8 kWh.
-I expect to eventually offer a 60S FoMoCo solution, too... no timeline. That'll be 10 kWh with even more power!

These FoMoCo modules are incredible, and offered at an incredible price.

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
To anyone thinking "man I wish I had bought EHW5 modules back when they were $400/set":
-Now is the time to buy these 47 Ah 'FoMoCo' modules.
-I am 100% committed to offering a near drop-in 48S FoMoCo LiBCM solution... estimating early winter 2022. That'll be 8 kWh.
-I expect to eventually offer a 60S FoMoCo solution, too... no timeline. That'll be 10 kWh with even more power!

These FoMoCo modules are incredible, and offered at an incredible price.
2023*

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
It's entirely possible this will slip into 2023... if that's what you're implying here. I'm the first to admit I suck at predicting timelines. Unknown unknowns are difficult to predict, but even then I can't predict known unknowns... without a manager, I go where my brain wanders.
I'm confused, it's already 2022 xD. Winter has come and gone...?

·
Premium Member
00 MT
49 Posts
And mine shipped! I know I won't be doing anything with them for a while but it'll be nice to finally have them.

Out of curiosity, has anybody tried to figure out if these modules are purchasable new? Obviously it'd be hilariously expensive right now for non recall packs, but 10+ years down the road (assuming the 10 year figure for lithium life is accurate in our case), what happens with pack availability with the Samsung modules as well as the EHW5 modules?

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
And mine shipped! I know I won't be doing anything with them for a while but it'll be nice to finally have them.

Out of curiosity, has anybody tried to figure out if these modules are purchasable new? Obviously it'd be hilariously expensive right now for non recall packs, but 10+ years down the road (assuming the 10 year figure for lithium life is accurate in our case), what happens with pack availability with the Samsung modules as well as the EHW5 modules?
Provided your don't abuse the packs, they should last 15-20 years.

·
Super Moderator
9,520 Posts
Also, there will be used packs available for both options.

·
Administrator
13,900 Posts
You will simply move onto the new battery 'solution'.
Whatever that is in ten years time.

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
Honestly in 10-15 years, parts availability will be so bad that some things will physically put these cars off the road. Major components like, clutches, radiators, and common gaskets are getting discontinued/NLA month by month. Eventually you will be unable to find a clutch or a major gasket that will ultimately put these cars out of service.

341 - 360 of 428 Posts