Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. I have to ask..

How many other insight owners are afflicted with bird poop on their cars?

I've never had a car pooped on so much in my life!

I park where there are no trees, electric wires, etc.

Is this just the bird's vendetta on me?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
It's the aerodynamic shape. It sucks the bird poo in just like it sucks the rocks in that cause all those little rock chips. :wink:

Make sure you get it off before it has a chance to etch the paint.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Bjaardker

Our driveway is under a major songbird flyway, not to mention maple trees. I like both the trees and the birds, but in the spring the bird doo can get major...sometimes it's like an air raid and the cars are covered in mere minutes. In the summer it's a similar situation w/ the tree sap.

I just keep soft Viva paper towels (don't like to launder poo, particularly from an alien species) and the Maguires NXT Speed Detailer and water handy. It's best to try to get a contained mess off before it dries. A big assault and the car gets a complete wash.

Spring temperatures are great. For my part, I'd rather clean up a few springtime avian accidents than swelter and swat mosquitos in summer heat. 8)

Hmmm, do you think the "citrus" color on our Insights acts as an attractant? Maybe our cars are being mistaken for very large finches?! :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe it IS the color. :)

I have no idea honestly, I was thinking that maybe the aluminium body heats up quicker to their body heat & they like that.

You can see the oil marks from their wings on the top edge of the window. So I know they must be sitting right on the car.

I'm keeping it in the garage now, the birds don't seem to like her RAV as much.

·
Registered
569 Posts
sputnik said:
Hmmm, do you think the "citrus" color on our Insights acts as an attractant? Maybe our cars are being mistaken for very large finches?! :D
They like silver also :( There are no trees near where I park at work, but they somehow manage to find my car a couple of times a week.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have only street parking for my Insight (so it's a pain in the *** to wash it), but I've carefully calculated the parking spot to avoid bird poo. Birds poop within a few feet of taking off, usually, so if I don't park under the telephone wires and I don't park near trees, I'm good to go...

Maybe you could set up a bird perch somewhere ~12' from your Insight? Then the birds will poop on or around that, and they'll be empty by the time they're over your car...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts