Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to post my cellphone & dash cam set up.

I'm using the Kenu Airframe as my phone mount.

Its very small and strong.

As you can see it blends right in with the aesthetic of the interior.

The steering wheel is blocking my USB cable, but I'm using an Eastern Collective cable. It adds a little bit of character.

Now for the dash cam. I'm using a Mini 0801. I chose it for its small size and because it can be powered by USB.

I ran a 15 ft USB cable under the dashboard, alongside the A pillar, and through the headliner.

The dash cam is mounted behind the rearview mirror and is hardly visible for the driver.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2nd post due to image limit.

Its very visible to the passenger, but it took my girlfriend 3 trips before she noticed it.

Its hardly visible from the outside unless you're really looking for it. Sorry about the glare.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
I like the phone hanger and case. Is that an iphone? Aluminum case or special case to match holder?

What about the dash cam? Have you had any problems to make you add one? Does it interconnect with the phone? Is the video stored on an sd card of some type?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It is an iPhone with a Lifeproof case. The mount is spring loaded and will fit most phones.

I haven't had anything happen to me personally that convinced me to buy a dash cam, but I've seen plenty of videos online to see their benefits. It may come in handy one day, who knows. It does not connect to my phone & it stores all video onto a miniSD card. You can playback any video stored on the device & view it on the LCD screen, or load them onto a computer later.

Here is a link to dash cam:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Original-Ambarella-Recorder-Resolution-G-sensor/dp/B00F2GMX1Q[/ame]

And a link to phone mount:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Kenu-Airframe-Portable-Smartphone-Mount/dp/B00D901B4W[/ame]

·
Registered
67 Posts
I never realized that they eliminate that little storage cubby on the Navi models to put the AUX there next to the 12 volt. Is that true with all G2 years? What year is your insight? Very nice add ons by the way.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a 2010. I didn't know there was difference either, but after a quick Google image search I think you're right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts